Will Apple create Bluetooth accessories to go with iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

techie

Aug 23, 2006
So I am sure that the iPhone will have bluetooth but do you think that Apple may create a whole new bluetooth accessory? I think it would be neat to have a bluetooth pen that you could use to pencil things in on your calendar.

Last edited by a moderator:

you2

Bronze
Nov 22, 2006
So I am sure that the iPhone will have blue tooth but do you think that Apple may create a whole new blue tooth accessory? I think it would be neat to have a blue tooth pen that you could use to pencil things in on your calendar.
The device like blue tooth pen could be a great invention (Great thought buddy). May be they'll give some more cool options like blue tooth streaming of audio files so you can listen to iTunes without any wired connection just using your blue tooth headset(as of now this feature is provided by Motorola in new handsets).

emmaonline

Bronze
Nov 24, 2006
A Blue tooth pen? Interesting but I am wondering what I would use it for!

For the most part blue tooth has been reserved to ear pieces and microphones but I don't see why they couldn't expand it so you could write (a pen), so you can upload/download contacts from your PC or MAC, and maybe even a way to interact with your home entertainment systems.

HalL

Jan 10, 2007
Will we get A2DP and AVRCP on the iPhone? I want stereo Bluetooth.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Well, steve jobs didn't show a BT stereo headset at the Keynotes conference, but hopefully there'll be one.
There are (eg: 1, 2, 3) but none yet by Apple.

Not sure about the coolness factor though, except for the upcoming Moto S9 which really does look snazzy.

-K

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
There are (eg: 1, 2, 3) but none yet by Apple.

Not sure about the coolness actor though, except for the upcoming Moto S9 which really does look snazzy.

-K
Read some good things about the Moto S9 in the Everything Q forums. Couldn't find the post, but the guy raved about it.

-Chris

Last edited:

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
It does seem slick. Where'd he get one (Moto's site says "coming soon")? He an insider? :cool:

-K
I checked out the forum and found this post. In it the poster states "They were just released. The only place I could find them was from Amazon through Mobile City Online."

They look pretty cool. The Motorola site says "this lightweight and discreet headset lets you wirelessly control your music and your calls using the integrated touch controls on the sides of the headband." Does that mean they have an integrated mic?

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I checked out the forum and found this post. In it the poster states "They were just released. The only place I could find them was from Amazon through Mobile City Online."

They look pretty cool. The Motorola site says "this lightweight and discreet headset lets you wirelessly control your music and your calls using the integrated touch controls on the sides of the headband." Does that mean they have an integrated mic?
I've looked at a bunch of promo sites for it, and I can't find the mic. I didn't even see a reference to one (although i read about "Bluetooth 2.0 call clarity"). It does have a USB charging port, which is nice.

-K

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
The S9 does indeed have a mic but it is not in any obvious location. The volume is quite good and the stereo sound lacks some bass, but is overall acceptable and it seems especially good for runners, as its inner ear design stays in place well. I picked one up direct from Motorola about two weeks ago and have been testing it and comparing it to the HT820 stereo headset and my Jabra JX10.

One noticeable difference is that the phone audio only comes through the left earpiece, where stereo (A2DP) is obviously played through both. Many people complain about this, but it doesn't bother me.

BoxKrait

Bronze
May 16, 2007
>.< I thought they were for your feet ...
Yeah me too.
Something about bluetooth connecting your walking rate with your music play speed came to mind..
That sounds like overkill.
But those socks are neat, I might pick one of those up.