Will Apple release a new iPhone at the end of 2007?

jonpno

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I know Apple will release another iPhone, its just when. I have ready countless speculation threads and other articles pointing towards an end of the year new iPhone or early 08 iPhone. What do you think?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I know Apple will release another iPhone, its just when. I have ready countless speculation threads and other articles pointing towards an end of the year new iPhone or early 08 iPhone. What do you think?
Most people here will say go ahead and buy it now, I'm waiting a bit longer myself...probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and get you one though, you will probably hear "new iPhone next month" every month until a new version actually comes out...

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
If you can afford it now, why wait? There'll always be speculations of new versions and if you rely on just that to make your decisions, you'll miss the good stuff. Say you wait for v2, do you think that'll be the "Ultimate iPhone"? Of course not. New versions will always be in the offing. That's dictated by businesss decisions and the pace of technology.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I only brought it because it's just one more new toy to have. My carrier is Sprint and AT&T cant/wont/don't give me a fraction of what I have with Sprint for the money.

What I do like about the iPhone is the convergence; mail, web, ipod- I've barely used it to talk with anyone. The screen is fantastic and puts my Mogul (PPC-6800) to shame on so many levels. As far as browsing is concerned, it's slow, but on wifi- its all that!

I cant tell you how or when to spend your money, but like others have suggested, the time to buy is now.
There will always be an upgrade to the upgrade to the upgrade. Technology doesn't stop and even if you did wait for the next version of the iPhone, would you hold off on buying it once it came out because you're waiting on the next one?

Jun 29, 2007
Since it's first of the model run, i can understand the OP's hesitation. I think with the 2nd gen, waiting for the next is not worth it. A good example would be the ipod.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I was going to wait when the price was higher but once I heard about the price drop I bought it and have been adicted to it ever since.
I bought mine after the price drop also. Everytime I use it I think "man, I love this thing." Today at dinner while waiting for food, I was pulling up my fantasy football scoring (abysmal, BTW), and I pinched the screen open to read it better. My husband mas looking over my shoulder and said "that is so cool." I replied "I love this thing."

I have used it to record my food intake on gyminee.com and lost 3 lbs this past week. I use it as my calendar. I use it to surf the web for fun. It is awesome. I love how it is thin, sleek and smooth. I feel another Haiku coming on.;)

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Since it's first of the model run, i can understand the OP's hesitation. I think with the 2nd gen, waiting for the next is not worth it. A good example would be the ipod.
I bought a first gen Ipod and it still works perfect. The only problem is the battery life is about half what it used to be, which is too be expected.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
did you say that or did steve-o...

Well that's just been my personal opinion with all technology. I'm a very, very impatient person so waiting for the iPhone nearly killed me and I couldn't imagine thinking, "well, they will come out with a new one soon, so I might as well wait even longer." Needless to say I spend a lot of money on new tech goodies.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
On second thought...NO, it's not worth it...the iPhone sucks big time, right guys and gals......*crickets*......

:p