Will Apple replace an iPhone with eroded edges?

Paradine

Jul 16, 2008
Florida
I received my iPhone after waiting 7 hours in line on Friday, July 11. When I returned home, I realized there was an error in craftsminship with the edge on the front of the phone. The phone also has a strange white dot inside the glass of the screen that I cannot remove. I reviewed Apple's replacement policy and they will replace iPhones with errors in marksmonship. However, I wanted some other opinions on whether or not users here think Apple will replace it. Picture as followed:

http://heliopelago.info/iPhone/iPhoneerror.png

I realize the damage is small, but I payed 300 dollars for the phone, I want it to be perfect. My dad also bought an iPhone at the same time, and there are no issues with his.

Mine also has a strange glitch where when you press the hold button at the top, it shuts off then a line goes across the screen and disappears. The applications sometimes glitch as well when I press the center button it does the transition, brings me back to the application I was just in, and then back to the home screen again.

I also have a fear Apple will try to put it back on me saying it was my fault, and in actuallity I have no way to prove it was this way when I received it. However, how am I going to get that kind of damage? It's not like such a thing would occur if you dropped it on the ground; at least, I wouldn't think so.

ta2smitty

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Give it a shot. I bought my last ipod from their online store as a refab. and it had a few pixels out and they gladly replaced it and fast to! If it's in the glass it's would be something you did to it, or you'd just remove it yourself.I bet they'll take care of it for you.

I received my iPhone after waiting 7 hours in line on Friday, July 11. When I returned home, I realized there was an error in craftsminship with the edge on the front of the phone. The phone also has a strange white dot inside the glass of the screen that I cannot remove. I reviewed Apple's replacement policy and they will replace iPhones with errors in marksmonship. However, I wanted some other opinions on whether or not users here think Apple will replace it. Picture as followed:

http://heliopelago.info/iPhone/iPhoneerror.png

I realize the damage is small, but I payed 300 dollars for the phone, I want it to be perfect. My dad also bought an iPhone at the same time, and there are no issues with his.

Mine also has a strange glitch where when you press the hold button at the top, it shuts off then a line goes across the screen and disappears. The applications sometimes glitch as well when I press the center button it does the transition, brings me back to the application I was just in, and then back to the home screen again.

I also have a fear Apple will try to put it back on me saying it was my fault, and in actuallity I have no way to prove it was this way when I received it. However, how am I going to get that kind of damage? It's not like such a thing would occur if you dropped it on the ground; at least, I wouldn't think so.

Paradine

Jul 16, 2008
Florida
Okay, cool.
When I say under the glass, I mean it's literally under it. Like a fuzzy or something; the glass in completely smooth over the area of the dot.

tgwinn

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
I am almost positive they would replace it...I found a tiny white speck in my screen that couldn't be removed yesterday...took it to Apple store and it turns out it was a stuck pixel. The guy at the genius bar went in back and came out and handed me a brand new phone... no questions. Believe me.. I am now a Apple customer for life. :)