Will Apple sell the iPhone 3G to ineligible customers

Cglz6

Jul 1, 2007
OK like many my upgrade status changed to unelegible, but w/e thats not my question. My question now is will Apple be selling the iPhone to unelegible customers? or do we need to go to AT&T. I ask this because of this

*Transferring your mobile number will terminate your service with your existing provider; termination fees and other charges will apply. New two-year contract required. Qualified customers only; credit check required; must be 18 or older.

I underlined Qualified customers only. I don't know if they mean elegible customers only or what?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
They'll be selling it to customers that are ineligible for $399/$499 instead of the subsidized prices of $199/$299.

Cglz6

Jul 1, 2007
They'll be selling it to customers that are ineligible for $399/$499 instead of the subsidized prices of $199/$299.
Are you 100% sure? I know that i have to pay 399/499$ but why does it say Qualified customers only?

sauncook

Oct 19, 2007
lol i dunno im nervous now....
When they speak of qualified customers they are refering to the credit check that everyone has to go through prior to purchasing an iPhone. If you are transfering your number from a different carrier to AT&T then you are considered a new customer and will get the phone at the reduced price if you are a current AT&T customer and are ineligible for a upgrade from your previous phone then you will have to pay the higher price but iether way they will check your credit prior to letting you purchase an iPhone you will be then consider a QUALIFIED CUSTOMER

Cglz6

Jul 1, 2007
When they speak of qualified customers they are refering to the credit check that everyone has to go through prior to purchasing an iPhone. If you are transfering your number from a different carrier to AT&T then you are considered a new customer and will get the phone at the reduced price if you are a current AT&T customer and are ineligible for a upgrade from your previous phone then you will have to pay the higher price but iether way they will check your credit prior to letting you purchase an iPhone you will be then consider a QUALIFIED CUSTOMER
Oh. Thanks so just to confirm this I will be able to go to a Apple Store tomorrow and pay 399 for a iPhone 3G even though I am not eligible for an upgrade? Thanks again

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
Oh. Thanks so just to confirm this I will be able to go to a Apple Store tomorrow and pay 399 for a iPhone 3G even though I am not eligible for an upgrade? Thanks again
if u already have an iPhone then yes. if u don't, itll be 599? i think?

also don't forget the deposit can be up to $500 depending on your credit check.

Cglz6

Jul 1, 2007
if u already have an iPhone then yes. if u don't, itll be 599? i think?

also don't forget the deposit can be up to $500 depending on your credit check.
No, its 399$ and 499$, and I don't have to do a credit check, I am already a ATT for over a year.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
No, its 399$ and 499$, and I don't have to do a credit check, I am already a ATT for over a year.
yes your right, sorry i duno why that popped into my head.

do u have a v1 iPhone?

mark34

Mar 11, 2008
I would double check if I were you. I thought I saw somewhere that if you are classified as a businesss customer for any reason or if you are not eligible for an upgrade, then you need to by from AT&T store. I could be wrong.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
OK like many my upgrade status changed to unelegible, but w/e thats not my question. My question now is will Apple be selling the iPhone to unelegible customers? or do we need to go to AT&T. I ask this because of this

*Transferring your mobile number will terminate your service with your existing provider; termination fees and other charges will apply. New two-year contract required. Qualified customers only; credit check required; must be 18 or older.

I underlined Qualified customers only. I don't know if they mean elegible customers only or what?
thats a good question, im pretty sure Apple will be just as qualified as att when it comes to the iPhone

Jul 2, 2007
Important question

Here's the deal...I purchased an original iPhone way back in June of last year...I used the phone for a few months, then (extremely) sadly, it got water damaged and was inoperable...at that time..I removed the SIM, switched back to my old RAZR and went on my way..also reducing my data plan by a bit...now my question is...AT&T says I'm eligible for upgrade in 11/08..I want the phone TOMORROW...can I tell AT&T that I was an original iPhone customer, even though I don't technically use the phone anymore as it's broken, and get the $199 price.

Hearing that I would have to pay $399 made me very upset and I paid good money to have an original..any help with this odd case? I'm sure AT&T can verify I did have the iPhone and did use for it that amount of time..thanks

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Here's the deal...I purchased an original iPhone way back in June of last year...I used the phone for a few months, then (extremely) sadly, it got water damaged and was inoperable...at that time..I removed the SIM, switched back to my old RAZR and went on my way..also reducing my data plan by a bit...now my question is...AT&T says I'm eligible for upgrade in 11/08..I want the phone TOMORROW...can I tell AT&T that I was an original iPhone customer, even though I don't technically use the phone anymore as it's broken, and get the $199 price.

Hearing that I would have to pay $399 made me very upset and I paid good money to have an original..any help with this odd case? I'm sure AT&T can verify I did have the iPhone and did use for it that amount of time..thanks
i don't think youll be able to get it for the cheap price no