Will Apple store swap 3G with horrible 3G problems ?

bigviking

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I bought my white 3g on launch day.

I have never been able to talk in 3g mode for more than five minutes without having severe dropouts. Love the phone other than that.

Just wondering if Apple would do a swap out at the store ?

Have heard conflicting information on this.

I do realize that a new 3g might do the same thing, but my co-workers 3g is much better than mine reception wise.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM

I have never been able to talk in 3g mode for more than five minutes without having severe dropouts. Love the phone other than that.

I do realize that a new 3g might do the same thing, but my co-workers 3g is much better than mine reception wise.
my 3g call quality is almost flawless even when i have 1 or 2 bars. I would try resetting it or restoring and if that doesn't help take it back to Apple

When you go to Apple they are going to ask if you did these things its much easier to try it then take it in

I have never had a problem with Apple doing a swap at the store. I called Apple about my wifes Apple bluetooth it wont stay charged. We have 19 days of warranty left and will be in Albuquerque on the 30th ( closest Apple store to Lubbock ;( ). They noted the account and told me over the phone to take it in and it would be replaced immediatley

bigviking

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Have done all oif that

Thanks, I have done all of the resets, restores, cold power downs ...

None of it helps, just wondering if the store would swap with a new one if they have them.

Vambo

Aug 15, 2008
would you people stop whining about 3g....be patient and im sure they will fix it with an update....jeeeeeeez if you don't wanna wait take the phone back and get a Dare for crissakes....then im sure you'll post on the dare forums crying about something

bigviking

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
It was a simple question without any whining

would you people stop whining about 3g....be patient and im sure they will fix it with an update....jeeeeeeez if you don't wanna wait take the phone back and get a Dare for crissakes....then im sure you'll post on the dare forums crying about something
Please read my post again before posting ignorant comments.

I did no complaining.

My 3g is much worse than others, just wondering if the store would replace.

If you have no insight towards actually answering my question please don't post a reply.

I love my 3g, as I did my original iPhone, and have never "whined" about it at all.

Your reply indicates that I don't want to take my phone back. The whole point of my post is that I do want to take it back ...

Can you even read ?

Aug 9, 2008
Frisco, TX
Please read my post again before posting ignorant comments.

I did no complaining.

My 3g is much worse than others, just wondering if the store would replace.

If you have no insight towards actually answering my question please don't post a reply.

I love my 3g, as I did my original iPhone, and have never "whined" about it at all.

Your reply indicates that I don't want to take my phone back. The whole point of my post is that I do want to take it back ...

Can you even read ?
Agreed, that was a totally unnecessary post.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Love the phone other than that.
Doesn't sound like whining to me. He was wondering if they would even swap for such a problem. Therefore saving a trip to the Apple store.

Vambo, take a deep and say the following with me, "Woooosahhhh"

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.

Apple will work with you. If you originally got you phone at an ATT store, you will most likely receive a refurb as a replacement. If you originally bought the phone at an Apple store, you will get a new phone as a replacement.