Will AT&T Charge for 3G?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Not sure. I don't know if it will be included in the 3G data plan or a separate fee. We'll just have to wait and see.
I wonder when the new plans will be posted on the ATT site?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
No. They don't charge anything extra now if you add a 3G phone. The only thing they charge 3G owners extra for (and it's an optional feature) is video chat. Because that's not available on the iPhone 3G, it is a non-issue.

dodgeboy23

Bronze
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
No. They don't charge anything extra now if you add a 3G phone. The only thing they charge 3G owners extra for (and it's an optional feature) is video chat. Because that's not available on the iPhone 3G, it is a non-issue.
AWESOME! plans are already expensive enough.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Apparently they will be. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25063355/ Fifth paragraph down. Not an added price for GPS, but apparently one for 3G. I am highly disappointed.
Yep, according to engadget: "On AT&T unlimited iPhone 3G data plans for consumers will be available for $30 a month, on top of voice plans starting at $39.99 a month. Unlimited 3G data for businesss users will be $45 a month, on top of voice."

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
Apparently they will be. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25063355/ Fifth paragraph down. Not an added price for GPS, but apparently one for 3G. I am highly disappointed.
wow. that's gonna piss off some ppl. what if you don't live in an area with 3G coverage? i'm doubting that Apple will continue to sell EDGE iPhones.

dodgeboy23

Bronze
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
damn that sucks. Its gonna be like $80/month after taxes

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
This is why I will be unlocking my iPhone when it comes out. Heck am I going to pay $30 for 3G, when I cannot tether it to a laptop!

$30, just so I can check my stock prices, weather and the odd email? Me thinks not!

AT&T will probably not allow corporate discounts either, just like the existing iPhone plans.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yep, according to engadget: "On AT&T unlimited iPhone 3G data plans for consumers will be available for $30 a month, on top of voice plans starting at $39.99 a month. Unlimited 3G data for businesss users will be $45 a month, on top of voice."
At&t is currently upgrading their website. We'll have to wait and see.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
not a bad deal...i'm still tryin' to get over on the actual price of the phone...we paid almost dbl for our current phone and have less than the 3G

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Will AT&T Charge for GPS

sorry cant edit the title!
Nobody charges for GPS if you receive the signals from the GPS satellites. Nor would they charge if you were located using cell-tower triangulation or WiFi information.

The 3G iPhone uses satellites for GPS, not the AT&T network.