Will case fit both 6S plus and 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by RicK james, Sep 24, 2015.

1. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

just like the title reads. I bought a new case and was told it will fit the 6S plus.....will it lol

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, they will fit fine. Waterproof cases are the only ones that might be a problem.

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Europa I will soon find out if my battery case will fit. I'm thinking if the Waterproof cases won't fit then there is a BIG possibility that my Mophie won't either. :(

4. carolineBonnita

carolineBonnita New Member

Most of iphone6 plus case fits for iphone 6s plus

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Your Mophie battery case will fit fine.

6. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Spigen has come out with new cases for the 6s. tThey have reinforced the cutouts around the buttons on the sides. My old one broke there so I just ordered a new one for my iP6 which they claim fits fine and @Europa confirms they do. So I am going to be happy although Spigen no longer makes the yellow versions which I have been sussing since iPhone 4. :(

Here is the new one I ordered:

[​IMG]

7. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

Ok thanks guys. I appreciate the input

8. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I bought an OtterBox case for the iPhone 6 to put on my iPhone 6s and it fits fine

9. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

All of my iPhone 6+ cases fit my new 6s+ fine :)

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I finally finished restoring my iPhone 6S+ from a back up and had time to test out the old cases and most importantly my Mophie. Well, this iPhone 6S+ is slightly bigger than the 6+. It was tight getting it into the Mophie and hard to get it out. I had to tug and tug and tug making sure I didn't use the protruding camera to help me pry the 6S+ out of the Mophie. It was hard, but i finally got it out. I notice that when I was putting the 6S+ inside the Mophie it was bulging out ever so slightly at the sides but I powered on and then I put the top on and it wouldn't completely connect so you would see spaces where there should have been a seam. These spaces/ gaps are not cool and while I'm sure the charger would still work, I'm not comfortable with the too snug fit overall.

The old cases are ever so snug on the 6S+. The 6+ fit fine in the new 6S+ cases but the 6S+ is just a tiny bit snug in the 6+ cases. One thing I notice with both the silicone and the leather cases on the 6S+ is that there is a little less of a lip available on the cases. Not a deal breaker, but there is a small difference that I can see. I may still use them though. The Silicone cases can stretch a bit, the leather can stretch also but not like the silicone, as the 6+ Leather cases were already form fitting.

Verdict, yes, this iPhone 6S+ is ever so slightly bigger than the 6+. I'll look for an alternative charger that I won't have to put my iPhone in. There are battery packs I can buy that will last and charge my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 6S+. So, bye Mophie, thanks for holding me down all these years. :sick:

#10 Sharunda, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Go on...

12. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Leave it to you to make it dirty....ROFLMAO!!! :eek::ROFLMAO:

I was so scared because it was so hard to get it out of the Mophie. MY DH was sleeping and I almost woke him up to ask him to get it out but then with much persistence I got it out. I will never put my iPhone 6S+ in there again! It's just not a good fit.(n)

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I got an iPhone 6 case last year on launch day at Best Buy and didn't think I would ever get the phone out without breaking the glass. I tried for several minutes and was ready to take it to Best Buy so they could try it. Then I thought to Google it, and sure enough, there was a technique to it. Once I followed their directions, it came right off. The fit bothered me quite a bit, though. I returned the case that same day.

I don't notice a difference in the fit of last year's and this year's Apple leather cases, though they could be 0.2 mm different just like the phone.

14. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Amazingly and unfortunately for me the 0.2mm difference makes the difference as far as the Mophie is concerned. The cases, not such a big deal at all, but that Mophie is a no go. Totally uncomfortable fit. (n)

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, I think it's because it doesn't give at all like a leather, silicone or plastic case would. Do you plan on getting a new Mophie once they are available for the 6s Plus? I'd probably put the old one on Craigslist.

16. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

So far, all of my previous cases that I have tried on the 6S Plus fit, however, I've only tried the ones that have a bit of "give" to them (rubber, silicon, hybrids of hard/soft, Apple, etc.). The hard cases I have that are like the ones Europa's referring to won't even be getting an attempt. Those are already tight enough. Given that the phone is slightly noticeably taller and thicker (at least when side-by-side with the 6 Plus), logically, it just doesn't make sense that it'll fit, at least without having to break it off the phone afterwards.

I'm not too worried though. I typically go caseless (funny, autocorrect changed "caseless" to "careless" in which my response was, "that's probably accurate" :p) on my phones 90% of the time so once the newness of this wears off, it'll probably see the same fate as my previous phones.

I did recently purchase a LifeProof Nüüd case for my iP6+ for swimming/beach use about 2 weeks before we found out the new phone would be different dimensionally. I immediately returned it before I got stuck with a useless $100 case. I wouldn't even risk it with one of those, especially seeing as this case leaves the screen completely exposed while still offering waterproof protection.

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

No matter what you type, I see dirty. :D

18. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

I have a hard case where you snap the top part in and out the phone in and snap it back Ina snit fits perfect

19. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I just picked up the mophie juice pack H2pro. For anyone who's curious, it does seem to fit the 6s. It is a bit of a tight fit, and the front of the case bows out a bit. However, touchscreen sensitivity isn't too adversely affected, and I can still force touch everywhere

20. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Alrighty then! LOL! Naps is a character.....:eek: but wait, maybe I should be more careful with my words. :rolleyes: Yes, that must be it. Okay, I'll clean up my act. (y)