Will Google Android bring copy and paste to the iPhone

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
google Android includes copy and paste... I'm thinking that maybe Apple will get copy and paste onto the iPhone... What do u guys think?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It might come someday, but I am at the point that I don't even think about it anymore. We have been waiting so long with no results. If it comes great, if not oh well.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I think that Apple should've brought copy and paste in a longggggg time ago...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I thik a more interesting question would be "can Android be ported to run on an iPhone?"

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
"can Android be ported to run on an iPhone?"
I would rather throw my iPhone than putting Android. I looked at the Android demo.. Its not even 50% to what iPhone is capable of doing it...;)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've given up hope on the idea of both MMS and copy/paste. There are obvious reasons that Apple hasn't provided it yet and I doubt they will any time soon.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I do think that copy & paste will come at some point. Apple has stated that they are working on it, but it isn't their top priority. However, I'm with Don on this one; in the year and two months I've owned my iPhone, I've only had the need for copy & paste twice. MMS - it's not coming. I think we can all agree on that.

And by the way, anybody looking for a place to discuss the Android... look no further. ;)

TheFamousOne

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Take all your notions of copypasta, MMS, and flash, and throw them as far away from you as possible and NEVER metion them again.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I must be missing something, why is it that Apple won't develop copy and paste? It just seems asinine to me. I would be interested if you could put Android on the iPhone though, I thought the demos looked pretty good and as a gmail user I'd love a phone that was so closely related to google products. I thought the phone looked great though, I love my iPhone and touch screen but I also like the slide out QWERTY keyboard.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I've given up hope on the idea of both MMS and copy/paste. There are obvious reasons that Apple hasn't provided it yet and I doubt they will any time soon.
I can care less about mms now. Email way works just great. What I wanna see is voice turn by turn and automatic tilt navigation.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I really miss cut and paste. I came to the iPhone from the blackberry and I think that this is my most missed feature.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I only miss MMS because my wife sends me pictures, and I have to stop whatever I am doing, write down that incredibly stupid username and password setup, and then log into the website and spin the wheel on trying to get to see the pic. Copy and paste would definitely help with this endeavor.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
The G1's copy and paste only works in editable text boxes/form fields. I haven't seen a video that shows this, but I don't think it's nearly as expansive and useful as people might think when they hear it has copy and paste.

And did you know there's no on-screen virtual keyboard? Every time you want to type something, you slide the keyboard and turn the phone sideways since there's no typing in portrait mode. That sounds like a pain in the rump to me. And no headphone jack? What on earth were they thinking?

Don't get me wrong - I'm looking forward to seeing one in person (and will get to review one for my day job - I love my job!), but there are some things about it that are just off from the start. Makes me wonder if anyone at Google/HTC really thought out how people use cell phones...

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
hawk... At least you get the SMS when you get an mms... AT&T says it should work but it doesn't!

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
I can care less about mms now. Email way works just great. What I wanna see is voice turn by turn and automatic tilt navigation.

yeah email works great when your on a damn comp... but this is a phone also and I sure don't have everybody email addy... besides some of my friends don't or rarely uses their email account anyway. To also send only 1 photo on email doesn't help neither... MMS/copy&paste/(yes on 2.1 have to DELETE and bring em up again.) i would be happy

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The G1's copy and paste only works in editable text boxes/form fields. I haven't seen a video that shows this, but I don't think it's nearly as expansive and useful as people might think when they hear it has copy and paste.

And did you know there's no on-screen virtual keyboard? Every time you want to type something, you slide the keyboard and turn the phone sideways since there's no typing in portrait mode. That sounds like a pain in the rump to me. And no headphone jack? What on earth were they thinking?

Don't get me wrong - I'm looking forward to seeing one in person (and will get to review one for my day job - I love my job!), but there are some things about it that are just off from the start. Makes me wonder if anyone at Google/HTC really thought out how people use cell phones...
Really? No headphone jack? I had no intention of switching form my iPhone, but if I did, that would totally reverse my thoughts. Physical keyboard have always been a bummer to me as well, especially when they're slide-outs. :mad:

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Really? No headphone jack? I had no intention of switching form my iPhone, but if I did, that would totally reverse my thoughts. Physical keyboard have always been a bummer to me as well, especially when they're slide-outs. :mad:
Nope, no headphone jack. They'll include an adapter so you can use standard headphones with it, but the last I heard, this adapter won't make it into the box for the first ones sold because of production constraints. What poor planning!

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
If Apple hasn't put copy/paste on the iPhone then it will NEVER put copy/paste on the iPhone. They haven't even said word one about it at all. Kind of like the government's stance on the NAU.