Will i be eligible?

Jul 2, 2008
I have an Lg CU500 phone which i hate, anyways, my mom called AT&T about a month ago and was told that i would be eligible for upgrade even though my contract doesn't expire for another month. On the website it still says that my contract doesn't expire until august. So do you think that AT&T will be lenient on my contract and just let me get the iPhone tomorrow?

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
I have an Lg CU500 phone which i hate, anyways, my mom called AT&T about a month ago and was told that i would be eligible for upgrade even though my contract doesn't expire for another month. On the website it still says that my contract doesn't expire until august. So do you think that AT&T will be lenient on my contract and just let me get the iPhone tomorrow?
Yes sir, you are absolutely eligible for the iPhone 3G reduced price(199-299)

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
You could also try calling their customer service again to confirm.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
i think you are good to go for an upgrade, its smart just to double check tho, log in inline and find out for sure

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Yes, the AT&T website will tell you if you are eligible too when you log in, although a lot of people says this is unstable right now because AT&T is testing their system for tomorrow but it's worth a try.

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
And what makes me eligible?
att plans becomes eligible after 18 months ... and as you said you just have 1 more month for your contract to get over, so that makes you eligible even if the iPhone 3g had released 5 months ago because you had been through 18months at that time. Any way just double check as others are saying by giving att a call or logging in to your att account. I am 100% +ve that you are eligible....
Have fun !

Jul 2, 2008
"You are not currently eligible to upgrade your device online. This line may be eligible for an equipment discount on 08/23/2008"
That's what it says online, but will the people at the store let it slide?

And thanks, @iphone-v2 , i hope you're right!

Last edited by a moderator:

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
"You are not currently eligible to upgrade your device online. This line may be eligible for an equipment discount on 08/23/2008"
That's what it says online, but will the people at the store let it slide?

And thanks, @iphone-v2 , i hope you're right!
there is still a small chance you can get the cheap price

Last edited by a moderator: