Will I have to restore my iPhone?

iPhonebaby

Bronze
Nov 5, 2008
Minnesota
I just got my previously owned iPhone today and still playing with it, so my first question is, I went into the app store using wifi on the iPhone and tried downloading a free app well I hit install and it prompted me to put in a password for the former owners account, well I searched everywhere as to how I delete his account off the iPhone and replace it with mine...cant find it :( and I really don't want to restore it because it came with a bunch of songs but Im thinking a complete restore of the phone is the answer, please help Im a newb!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
The only way to get your iTunes account associated with your new iPhone is to sync it with your own computer (with your own iTunes library and signed into your iTunes account, of course). Doing this will wipe the iPhone of everything it came with.

That's odd that the previous owner left stuff on it for you since it can only be synced with one iTunes account at a time - I hope he/she did not charge you more for it, saying that it already came with apps and music on it already...

iPhonebaby

Bronze
Nov 5, 2008
Minnesota
No I just got it off of ebay from him, but I have already went in and synced the iPhone with my iTunes account on my computer and that didn't work.

iPhonebaby

Bronze
Nov 5, 2008
Minnesota
Ok well restored the phone and now need to find out how to unlock and jailbrake it..YAY!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah you shouldnt have let the "songs" on the iPhone deter you away from restoring and syncing your iPhone to your computer:p
-Cause you could always redownload the songs later

iPhonebaby

Bronze
Nov 5, 2008
Minnesota
But the songs on the phone were not really mine...hehe, they were from the previous owner and he had a good taste in music :) But alas all is well went throu the restore and re-unlocked and re-jailbroke the phone and she's all mine!