Will i lose applications if i get a new iPhone or different computer?

ox-boy

Sep 25, 2008
Hi,

Thinking about purchasing the TomTom application, however im going to upgrade my iPhone in a few months and probably my laptop.

If i do either of these will i lose the TomTom application after shelling out £60?

Can someone explain how it all works please?

Thanks

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Nope it is saved on your iTunes account so you can just go to the app store and download it again for free.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Unless Apple has fixed it when I swapped PCs I lost the movies I had purchased so now I backup my iTunes folder in case I have a PC crash. I re-downloaded a couple movies by clicking the buy now button and was actually charged a second time for them! So it doesn't remember like the app purchases.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, it doesn't work the same for songs and videos. Redownloading them will recharge you. You have to have them saved to your hard drive.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Europa does Apple have a good reason why iTunes won't keep up with media purchases other than making money? If the store can remember apps surely it can remember media as well.

If your hard drive crashes you better have your iTunes media backed up to an external source as well!

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Europa does Apple have a good reason why iTunes won't keep up with media purchases other than making money? If the store can remember apps surely it can remember media as well.

If your hard drive crashes you better have your iTunes media backed up to an external source as well!
I would like to know too. Some people actually buy their music so why wouldn't iTunes restore let you re-download without charges?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I can only speculate as to why they do that. It might have something to do with the RIAA and the MPAA.