Will installer work on new 1.1.2 ?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Here's my question:
I am on a 1.1.2 jailbroken phone with AT&T.
Installer is now unoperative for me. It says it is version 3.0 and gets about 25% refreshed and freezez. I have to hold the home button to kill the app. Also, I had noticed that right before this happened, it would tell me to update bsd subsystem and I would and it tell me to update it again and again and I would but it would never work. Also, it listed a summerboard theme for update but it would never allow me to update that either. Shortly later, installer stopped loading altogether and freezing on the refresh screen.

So, if I decide to restore to 1.1.2, will installer work when I jailbreak? Remember, I had to go over wifi to jailbreakme.com to get installer and AppTapp. That is why it doesnot show up in ibrickr or I would simply delete it and reinstall. I've searched and it seems several people are having installer problems. What apps I do have work fine. All except installer. I would hate to get stuck with a straight 1.1.2 phone that I could not modify. I prefer NOT to go to 1.1.3.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Check your sources, some of them are going horrendously slow. I've force quit a few times before I just finally sat there tapping my screen every minute or so to keep it alive. This went on for like 5 minutes :T

The MMI source is one of the culprits I reckon, I've been meaning to ditch it too now that I can just hitup BigBoss' stuff directly.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
UPDATE:

I located installer in Ifind, another third party file manager and deleted it. Incredibly, installer was still there but was working. The updates it was asking for previously are gone but it's asking for me to update installer. I'm reluctant. It does say that it's version 3.0. And it works now and refreshes it's sources it's just asking to update installer...

Maybe I installed one installer ontop of another?

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
UPDATE:

I located installer in Ifind, another third party file manager and deleted it. Incredibly, installer was still there but was working. The updates it was asking for previously are gone but it's asking for me to update installer. I'm reluctant. It does say that it's version 3.0. And it works now and refreshes it's sources it's just asking to update installer...

Maybe I installed one installer ontop of another?
It's possible, then again, it was just updated last night. So maybe in the mix you got caught between the two some how.

Kinda like the bloody glove, it was there, but who's was it? We'll never know, because we had the wrong glove installed all along.