Will iOS 9 allow copy and paste of files?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by digitalcuriosity, Aug 4, 2015.

1. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I am wondering if with the up coming iOS9 ,will Apple allow us to do as we can do with our Android devices. And just copy a file from our computers and paste them into our phones.
    This one item has not made me a fan of Apple,forcing us to always use iTunes to do simple tasks.
    To me it's just adding something that really is not needed,maybe in the past the powers at Apple felt,making you always go to iTunes would make you more apt to buy something.
    I really like the quality of the Apple iPhones my old iPhone4 gave me great service,i really like them better then my past Samsung GalaxyIII.
    But the iTunes item I dislike.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Apple doesn't force you to use iTunes. A lot of people with iPhones/iPads have never synced with iTunes. There are alternate ways to do most things. One thing we do not have now and will not have with iOS 9 is direct file system access (unless you jailbreak). A workaround for this is to use an app that allows you to drag and drop from a folder on the computer into an app (over the air). Some people use cloud storage, but the files can be stored on the phone for offline access and they can be emailed or shared from the apps. With iOS 9 you will be able to drag and drop all types of files into your iCloud folder and then access those files on mobile devices (just like you can on DropBox). There are limitations with this on iOS 8.

3. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

One thing i found when plugging my iPhon6 into my computer,i don't find a nice tree of directories as i find when using an Android phone. Seems all files just get sent int one file,or broken up into sections,not sure how to describe them sure you know what they are.
    I understand the installed Apple Apt.s on my phone find videos and pictures, but then when you must hunt through everything to maybe remove a file.
    And i am not sure how Sprint would take to me jail breaking the iPhone6 since it's leased from them.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It won't affect your service or warranty. Just restore it before you return it to the carrier or take it in for warranty work. I've jailbroken every iPhone I've owned, which is seven of them since 2008. iFile will give you the tree of directories.

5. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Thanks for the information.