Will iPhone be able to stream to Apple TV

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

serraghost

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I have a feeling it won't because from my understanding, you need iTunes to be on the device. Reason I ask is that it would be nice if it did so that when I go to my friends and I want to show them some content I have on my iPhone on their Apple tv, it would come in handy as oppose to bringing a laptop.

I know we can only speculate at this point.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I have a feeling it won't because from my understanding, you need iTunes to be on the device. Reason I ask is that it would be nice if it did so that when I go to my friends and I want to show them some content I have on my iPhone on their Apple tv, it would come in handy as oppose to bringing a laptop.

I know we can only speculate at this point.
Wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen sooner or later. Don't know whether AppleTV is gonna make though in the long run. With Steve calling it a hobby, sounds like a concession to me.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen sooner or later. Don't know whether AppleTV is gonna make though in the long run. With Steve calling it a hobby, sounds like a concession to me.
I have an AppleTV and it's great. I hope there will be more communication between devices, such as iphone-to-iphone, video out, streaming between computer and iPhone, all over WiFi.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I have an AppleTV and it's great. I hope there will be more communication between devices, such as iphone-to-iphone, video out, streaming between computer and iPhone, all over WiFi.
Seems like a good idea but reminds me of the Windows Media Center computers a little.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I think as of now the AppleTV is more of a hobby. But the more movie releases onto iTunes the more practical having an AppleTV becomes.
I think the TV shows makes it more useful, and now we get YouTube. :)

Buying shows directly from the AppleTV and renting movies would be very useful additions.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
This idea of streaming video to your iPhone from AppleTV doesn't make sense to me. Aren't you going to be in the same room as your TV (or at least nearby) if you are streaming to your iPhone? Why not just turn on the TV?

If Apple or a 3rd party developer is considering writing the code to do this they have to be thinking cost/benefit ratio. I'm not sure there's a good ratio on this.