Will iPhone be sync with MS Outlook?

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Cool info....had not thought about it.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Sure it will sync with Outlook - if you plug it in to your computer and your computer is or has recently been connected to your company Exchange server.

What we are talking about is the fact that I never have to sync my Treo - it wirelessly and automatically syncs with my company Exchange server, so my Treo always has the latest calendar, email, and contact information. If, for example, my secretary adds an appointment to my calendar, within 30 minutes that appointment is on my Treo without me doing anything. The way the iPhone would sync with Outlook I won't have that appointment on my calendar until the next morning when I get in the office, plug in my computer, and plug in the iPhone and sync it.
Bingo. Basically make it act like a Blackberry.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Leopard Server does this. It includes iCal Server to provide standards-based calendar services for iPhone and any iCalendar-compliant calendar client.
Yes I saw that too. Very exciting. But my company uses Exchange. :( I don't want to introduce another server... just be a client.

I might break down and buy Groupcal or something. Still not sure what the best solution will be. I just want something simple that works reliably.

Jun 23, 2007
If iPhone can be sold to Windows PC users, they must have something which can sync their contacts. Or at least it must be capable of it as Outlook is the most popular Windows PIM tools.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
it will sync with outlook!

reference: http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/getready.html

will sync with outlook for contacts, calendar, and email
What part of this explanation are you not understanding?

"Sure it will sync with Outlook - if you plug it in to your computer and your computer is or has recently been connected to your company Exchange server.

What we are talking about is the fact that I never have to sync my Treo - it wirelessly and automatically syncs with my company Exchange server, so my Treo always has the latest calendar, email, and contact information. If, for example, my secretary adds an appointment to my calendar, within 30 minutes that appointment is on my Treo without me doing anything. The way the iPhone would sync with Outlook I won't have that appointment on my calendar until the next morning when I get in the office, plug in my computer, and plug in the iPhone and sync it."

Mr P

Jun 29, 2007
:cool:Iam hoping too as i use Outlook all the time. Iam in the Uk and waiting.
Just asking...

I'm really adept to MS Outlook in terms of my job planning- Contacts, Mail, Calendar, Tasks, & Notes.
I'm just wondering if iPhone supports seamless sync with this client...

Just wondering and hoping this to be true, even not in the first release, but in the versions that follows. :cool:

duckfool

Jun 26, 2007
SYNC with Exchange 2k3

I have mine connected to exch2k3 via IMAP4. No calendar / task list sync wirelessly.. sorry... but I got my contacts ported over...

no ability to change ports on servers.. so if you are using non-standard SMTP or IMAP ports.. UH OH!

Hollywood

Jun 24, 2007
Any chance there's a way to sync the Calander & Contacts database from "Palm" software?"Hollywood"

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
no ability to change ports on servers.. so if you are using non-standard SMTP or IMAP ports.. UH OH!
Actually it was mentioned elsewhere that there's a workaround for this. Simply append the server address with ": portnumber". There should be no space between the colon and the number, i had to break it up to avoid a :p

RTOIPHONE

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Just asking...

I'm really adept to MS Outlook in terms of my job planning- Contacts, Mail, Calendar, Tasks, & Notes.
I'm just wondering if iPhone supports seamless sync with this client...

Just wondering and hoping this to be true, even not in the first release, but in the versions that follows. :cool:

It synchs with contacts. I believe with the current sofware it is only one way. From Outlook to iPhone.