Will iPhone Bluetooth work in new Jeep?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 8, 2007
I have never had or used bluetooth technology with my phone so this is all new. My car is a new 2006 Jeep with bluetooth 2.0 so everything should work fine right? The reason I ask is because of her answer to me. She says that not all bluetooth tech in cars works with all bluetooth tech in phones and that Apple has not produced a 'list' of which will and which won't...then she says i should contact my car dealer (jeep) and make sure.

Is this an odd question? Is she crazy or am I crazy?

Last edited by a moderator:

taylo105

Sep 6, 2007
it will work. the Bluetooth unit in the car is basically a HUGE bluetooth unit that goes in your ear. I installed one in my car in an aftermarket deck and it works perfectly. i Could not see any problems that you could have with it

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I have almost purchased a 4G version. I was in line with it and inquired about the bluetooth capabilities with my car. This gets odd....
I tell her I want to make sure the bluetooth on the iPhone works with the bluetooth in my car. I have never had or used bluetooth technology with my phone so this is all new. My car is a new 2006 model with bluetooth 2.0 so everything should work fine right? The reason I ask is because of her answer to me. She says that not all bluetooth tech in cars works with all bluetooth tech in phones and that Apple has not produced a 'list' of which will and which won't...then she says i should contact my car dealer (jeep) and make sure.

Is this an odd Q? Is she crazy or am I crazy?
I have a jeep with Uconnect (prob same as you) works just fine.