Will iPhone delete email on server if setup that way?

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I don't have an iPhone yet, but i've got a question regarding email. I'm currently using SnapperMail on my Treo 680. When I delete a message from SnapperMail, i've got the option to delete it from the server also. This is not using .Mac mail but my RoadRunner account. Will the Mail app on the iPhone do this also?

Cash

Jul 5, 2007
I did not find an option to do this and my emails stay on the server.

Jun 25, 2007
I did not find an option to do this and my emails stay on the server.
yeah, this is easily my #1 email issue. I can't figure out how to get the iPhone to delete email on the server when I delete it on the phone. it doesn't need to be right away, i'm happy to have it done at the next sync.

i'm using IMAP mode.

i don't quite understand the delete email options under the email ssttings.

edh

Jul 11, 2007
yeah, this is easily my #1 email issue. I can't figure out how to get the iPhone to delete email on the server when I delete it on the phone. it doesn't need to be right away, i'm happy to have it done at the next sync.

i'm using IMAP mode.

i don't quite understand the delete email options under the email ssttings.
FWIW - I spent a lot of time trying to get this worked out when I first got the iPhone, and never had any luck with our mail server (Exchange via IMAP). I finally had to write an application that does the deletions, as well as several other processes and was able to get the iPhone/IMAP/Exchange combo to behave exactly like my WinMobile phone with activesync did, sans the push email. So, it can be done, just not without throwing in an additional bit of code :)