Will iPhone display new phone number?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

raoser

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I'm finally getting rid of my sprint contact and thinking of replacing my new att number with my old sprint number. I am wondering if the iPhone display will recognize the new number and display it on the screen or will it still maintain the original att number? Is this the same for iTunes? I seem to recall someone posting that although they switched numbers, the iPhone and iTunes still displayed the old number but I can't find the post now.

It's not a big deal but I'm thinking trying to port the number now may produce more hassle than it's worth. It would be nice to keep my number that I've had for so many years though....

Any thoughts?

raoser

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
For the record, in case anyone wants to file it away...yes, the iPhone does recognize the number change on the settings display. This converted almost immediately after the porting process.

As for iTunes, the ATT porting rep swore up and down that it too would recognize the new number. It didn't right away and he said it was a server thing and that it would recognize the new number in the future. I was somewhat skeptical but now a day later, iTunes has in fact the new number on the display.

No new sim needed either. The whole process was done via phone and took about 30 minutes total. (The rep said initially it would be three hrs for the ported number to be functional).

Hope this info is helpful to someone out there.