Will iPhone work with FM Tuner?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hunt577

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Hi. I've been using an FM Tuner with my iPod to play my iPod in my car for almost a year now, it works wonderfully. It scares me a bit to hear that the iPhone may not have this capability? If so, I am trying to figure out why it wouldn't since it is an iPod as well. Does anyone know how I can play the iPhone in my car once I receive it? I don't have a tape player in my car, so I can't connect it that way. Anyone know? thanks.

afsilverman

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
no

Hi. I've been using an FM Tuner with my iPod to play my iPod in my car for almost a year now, it works wonderfully. It scares me a bit to hear that the iPhone may not have this capability? If so, I am trying to figure out why it wouldn't since it is an iPod as well. Does anyone know how I can play the iPhone in my car once I receive it? I don't have a tape player in my car, so I can't connect it that way. Anyone know? thanks.
when i plugged mine in it told me wont work with this ipod

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
if you are plugging in through the bottom port, it won't. the line out has been disabled. i assume that if you plug in through the headphone jack it should work fine, though i haven't tried it yet.

i'm in the same boat as you with an stereo aux input device.