Will it be a year before we get something new?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by VOLS34, Sep 20, 2013.

1. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

I skipped the 5s although I was slightly tempted. Just didn't see it being worth an upgrade going from 5 to 5s. Anyway will it be a year before we see another new iPhone or o the rumors of a spring release of a bigger iPhone hold much water?

Sent using iCafe app

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The next logical step is a bigger iPhone. That's an entirely new product, new design. I don't think we'll see one until next September.

iOS 8 on the iPhone 6 with 4.8-inch display!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Id easily say it's going to be a year

Sent using iCafe app

4. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

That's what I am waiting for (4.8" screen!). The 5 is plenty fast for me! I like the 5S but have no desire to upgrade.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think it will be a year before we see any new iPhones. They're will likely be a design change. I'll be surprised if there isn't a bigger-screen option introduced at that time as well.

6. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

I'm up for upgrade now I have 4s . I don't really see a big upgrade from 4s to 5? Going to wait until 6 come out.

Sent using iCafe app

7. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

I disagree, when I grab any phone before the 5 I can't believe how small it feels. I'd be happy with a 4.5" and I hope....but doubt they will do it next year

Sent using iCafe app

8. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

I completely agree. Its weird to go from a 5 to a 4. The difference is crazy, and I was in the same boat as you were tybirdtybird...

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Wasn't the iPad mini released off cycle? Maybe a larger iPhone can be released as a new product before the typical yearly cycle.... Wishful thinking, I know.

10. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I'm not sure that it will be a year. I wouldn't be surprised if it is sooner. I just wonder what they have in store. If they're already testing the size...it could easily be sooner. However with supply constraints of the 5s...they may be UNABLE to put a new phone out sooner...even if it is ready.

11. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah me to I'm on the ip5 and with the iOS 7 update it feels like a new device and I treated myself to the spigen neo hybrid case with yellow band and it looks cool against the black iPhone so my point is I'm waiting for the first time for my contract to run the full 2yrs..

Sent using iCafe app

12. becomingwater

becomingwater Member
    Bronze

I see a new iPhone coming in a year and a half. Before that a new iMac and iPad. 2015 new iPhone. Maybe I between there will be a new iPhone 5c with iSight camera and a little faster. There is a reason they dropped the iPhone 5 and releasing two phones

Sent using iCafe app

13. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

yes I was thinking to be more like their competitors. They wouldn't sell many of the iPhone 5 with 2 models that are basically the same. If they follow what their competitors do it definitely won't be over a year before we see something new. Wouldn't make much sense to just upgrade the cheapest version of the phone they offer either.

Sent using iCafe app

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Adding these new colors was a brilliant move on Apple's part. It's the next best thing to a new design. You can take one look at the grey and gold and tell that it isn't an iPhone 5, and that's important to a lot of people. You can tell with the silver if you can see the home button.

I'm betting on September or October 2014 for a new line up.

15. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I can't see why Apple would change the yearly update especially with all other manufacturers doing yearly upgrades and things move on so quickly in the tech and mobile world there will be an ip6 in a years time with improved finger print scanner and camera,plus are they going to make a 4-8 4-3 inch screen iPhone. And it's a big money earner for Apple to do a new flagship iPhone every year.

Sent using iCafe app