Will lossless ever come to iTunes?

Rhinohd

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
So you think we will ever get lossless quality from iTunes? I have a ton of dough spent on my car audio and everytime I play from any iTunes file it makes me cringe!

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
Rhinohd, did you mean lossless from the iTunes store? Not anytime soon I would guess - bandwidth would be too high to store/transfer everything I'd imagine. For the smaller customer base though, they could offer a bespoke option, targeting the Classical and Jazz genres mostly. Are those still the main genres attracting audiophiles? An interesting possibility?
If you meant in iTunes the application, acosmichippo's screenshot answers it for you.

Rhinohd

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Rhinohd, did you mean lossless from the iTunes store? Not anytime soon I would guess - bandwidth would be too high to store/transfer everything I'd imagine. For the smaller customer base though, they could offer a bespoke option, targeting the Classical and Jazz genres mostly. Are those still the main genres attracting audiophiles? An interesting possibility?
If you meant in iTunes the application, acosmichippo's screenshot answers it for you.
Actually I did mean from the iTunes store.. I did get a kick out of acos's post LOL... I haven't ripped a cd in 4 years LOL Do they sell them? LOL

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, I don't thnik bandwidth is the problem... they are, after all, renting HD movies now. I just don't think there's a great enough demand to implement it.