Will mr4 ringtones for iTunes 7.4.1 still work with 1.1.1 iPhone firmware?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
don't think this has been asked yet. sorry if it has.

i'm still using iTunes 7.4.1 and have custom ringtones using the m4a to m4r method. i know the iPhone 1.1.1 firmware update destroys all mods, but will i still be able to keep these ringtones if i upgrade the firmware but don't upgrade iTunes? will i be forced to upgrade iTunes?

also, can i still connect using cyberduck and change back to my custom icons?

thanks

carl

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
don't think this has been asked yet. sorry if it has.

i'm still using iTunes 7.4.1 and have custom ringtones using the m4a to m4r method. i know the iPhone 1.1.1 firmware update destroys all mods, but will i still be able to keep these ringtones if i upgrade the firmware but don't upgrade iTunes? will i be forced to upgrade iTunes?

also, can i still connect using cyberduck and change back to my custom icons?

thanks

carl
any ringtone other the originally iTunes ringtone will be removed once you have update the firmware 1.1.1 . i suggest you don't upgrade your iPhone if you do have modified your iPhone ( e.g: unlock iPhone )

force to upgrade? basicly you can just disable the auto update feature.:laugh2:

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
any ringtone other the originally iTunes ringtone will be removed once you have update the firmware 1.1.1 . i suggest you don't upgrade your iPhone if you do have modified your iPhone ( e.g: unlock iPhone )

force to upgrade? basicly you can just disable the auto update feature.:laugh2:
to disable the auto update

Disconnect your internet, plug in iPhone, set iTunes NOT to update automatically.

Don't manually update.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
ok, so to be clear, if it shows up in the ringtones tab in iTunes, even if it isn't a DOWNLOADED iTunes ringtone, if i stay with iTunes 7.4.1 but upgrade firmware to 1.1.1, the tones will STILL be deleted?

doesn't quite make sense, but if that is the way it is, that's the way it is.

thanks

carl

Sep 28, 2007
ok, so to be clear, if it shows up in the ringtones tab in iTunes, even if it isn't a DOWNLOADED iTunes ringtone, if i stay with iTunes 7.4.1 but upgrade firmware to 1.1.1, the tones will STILL be deleted?

doesn't quite make sense, but if that is the way it is, that's the way it is.

thanks

carl
I have been able to create and add ring tones with iTunes 7.4.0 and 1.1.1 update

aaiphone

Sep 21, 2007
I have been able to create and add ring tones with iTunes 7.4.0 and 1.1.1 update
I tried to downgrade to 7.4 and the ringtones copied over to the iPhone but when I selected them no sound played... could you confirm the version of iTunes you used?

liltiger28

Oct 4, 2007
cali
ok i got my ringtones on my phone, i updated to 1.1.1, my ringtones stayed there and worked fine, but when i tried to sync the rest of my ringtones they all just dissappeared? and it even said it was updating the files on my phone with the ringtones but no go? any reason why? can i fix this? because i really don't wanna pay for my ringtones