Will new SIM card cause iPhone to re-lock?

drogie123

Jan 4, 2008
I've had my iPhone since christmas and have jailbroken it and modded it. Yesterday, I put my new sim in(not an iPhone contract), its o2 and was told it would be activated by today.

It has never shown any signal on my iPhone so i decided to put the sim in another phone and it worked. Can anyone explain why the phone feature on my iPhone isn't working?

All help will be much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

drogie123

Jan 4, 2008
sorry it is rather poorly explained.
the fone is o2, it came with an o2 sim
i put my own sim in, which is o2 but not an iPhone specific contract, as i cannot afford that price

drogie123

Jan 4, 2008
don't think your getting my point.
if i do a restore will my phone gt bricked ill try that and then jailbreak again

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
...And a quick rule of thumb:
The Sim FROM an iPhone can work in just about any GSM phone (phones that use SIM cards)
But no other SIM except the one that came with the phone can work in the iPhone ( unless unlocked).

Since you are already an O2 customer, can you not just change you existing plan to the iPhone plan? is it going to be that much more per month?

drogie123

Jan 4, 2008
...And a quick rule of thumb:
The Sim FROM an iPhone can work in just about any GSM phone (phones that use SIM cards)
But no other SIM except the one that came with the phone can work in the iPhone ( unless unlocked).

Since you are already an O2 customer, can you not just change you existing plan to the iPhone plan? is it going to be that much more per month?
i have now put my own sim in.
and ye it is a lot more expensive, about 20quid more expensive and i get less texts for extra money!1

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
But your data is unlimited, right?
My original plan wit AT&T was 450 Primetime minutes, unlimited weekend and evening minutes, 500 text, and 5 MB of data.
Now my plan is 450 Primetime, 5000 weekend and evenings, 200 text, and unlimited data. for the same as I was paying before. I still don't use all the text either.