Will next update have flash?

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
Considering 9 out of 10 sites I visit contain flash, rendering them useless on the iPhone, I really hope the next update will give us flash...

Or is there some kind of app/browser I can install to fix this?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I extremely doubt that there will be Flash in the next update. In fact, it's possible that it won't ever come. And no, you cannot install it in any way. Sprry.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I extremely doubt that there will be Flash in the next update. In fact, it's possible that it won't ever come. And no, you cannot install it in any way. Sprry.
Why do you say that? They even said they had a working copy (running on a simulator).

during the Q&A session a question was asked to our CEO Shantanu Narayen about Flash and the iPhone.

"Well, you know, we really believe that Flash is synonymous with the Internet and frankly anybody who wants to browse the Web and experience the Web in all its glory really needs Flash support. I mean, we were very excited about the announcement from Windows mobile adoption of Flash on their devices and the fact that we've shipped a half billion devices now, non-PC devices -- so we're also committed to bringing the Flash experience to the iPhone and we'll work with Apple. We've evaluated the SDK we can now start to develop the Flash Player ourselves. And, we think it benefits our joint customers so we want to work with Apple to bring that capability to the device."