will not update

cplape

Bronze
Jan 9, 2008
Kennebunk, Maine
www.chiplape.net
OK, I updateded to iTunes 7.7 all is ok, on the next sync it said 2.o is availible so I say yes yad yad yad iTunes tells me it is down loading and will install when it is done..... I get a call the sync stops and now it is telling that there is no update and that iPhone software 1.1.4 is the current version ! when I call support it says no agents availible call back later ! I have the "OLD" i phone 8 GB

Help:mad:

OKraskin

Jul 11, 2008
OK, I updateded to iTunes 7.7 all is ok, on the next sync it said 2.o is availible so I say yes yad yad yad iTunes tells me it is down loading and will install when it is done..... I get a call the sync stops and now it is telling that there is no update and that iPhone software 1.1.4 is the current version ! when I call support it says no agents availible call back later ! I have the "OLD" i phone 8 GB

Help:mad:
Same problem here. Guess the servers are over loaded and they have stopped people from downloading the new version

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
the logjam is when you get to the iTunes store for activation again. This update completely wipes your phone and it has to activate again through iTunes. there are so many people trying to activate and update at the same time that the servers are just completely jammed. it seemed to clear up a little around 4Pm, but don't get worried if you get an "unable to access the iTunes store at this time" message. All you can do at that point is either keep trying to select between Music and iPhone or just give up and wait a few hours. It took me five hours just to finally make it past the iTunes activation logjam.