Will or can the iPhone do push to talk?

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Can the v1 or the 3g use push to talk? Push to talk is like a nextels cherp do you think the apps store wil have it.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Can the v1 or the 3g use push to talk? Push to talk is like a nextels cherp do you think the apps store wil have it.
the v1 does not currently support push to talk. Doesn't look that way for the 3g either. Not listed in the specs, and this wouldn't be an app store app either.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
whats so great about ptt anyways? I never understood that...

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
Nextel Push to talk works all over but it get real annoying once people just talk while your busy. (I had Nextel before)

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
Nextel Push to talk works all over but it get real annoying once people just talk while your busy. (I had Nextel before)
I had Nextel back in '00 and it was cool as cold shrimp to "chirp" in public. Now some 10 yrs later & Nextel has been infected with Sprint-itis....it is an annoyance. PTT should be banned in 38 states and 6 US islands.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I don't want the iPhone to have the dumb, no longer trendy chirp feature haha!
-Plus all the people I've seen with the PTT on their phone worked in some kinda of construction or blue collar job, so the iPhone would have to be more rugged ya kno hehe it just wouldn't work :)

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Have yall ever owned a nextel or a ptt phone in a real work place? I work in a warehouse and i use my nextel every day its so much ezr than a phone. I talk to my drivers in seconds no waitng on the ringing or the dropped calls just tell them what i need them to do and its the best thing for work. I don't know about the douche bags that have the speaker as loud as it goes in public but thats not me or anyone i cherp. Nextel or ptt is bad ass