Will Siri be available for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Wrightime, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Wrightime

Wrightime New Member

Now that Siri has been announced, I'm excited about it. As an iPhone 4 owner, I'd love to have an assistant that would react to my commands. Will Siri be available for the iPhone 4?

#1 Wrightime, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Sadly no..... :(

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

The guys on MacBreak Weekly said that the current Siri iPhone app has been or will soon be pulled from the app store as well & installed copies wii be deactivated.
    YMMV

4. Wrightime

Wrightime New Member

That sucks 

5. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

It's still in the APP store but the reviews are horrendous. 3.99 for an app that most people say doesn't work right.

6. acercow

acercow New Member

I can't speak English, so no effects on me

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Thanks Patrick!
    What will happen when Siri arrives in Scotland?
    (I so feel the same sadly...)

8. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

Siri seems like a neat concept but I wouldn't see myself using it that often other than to show off:cool:

9. Phil DeLong

Phil DeLong Member
    Bronze

Same here, seems nice but I don't actually have any use for it.

10. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

If you jailbreak your iPhone 4 you can get it. I think I read that on modmyi.com.

11. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

The google version does spanish and french is well. Hoping Siri is multilingual.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

12. Claus Frandsen

Claus Frandsen New Member

I wouldn't worry.
    I'm not getting the 4S since I'm ok with my 4, and usually skip every other version.
    However - it shouldn't take long before a jailbroken version hits the streets ;-), so... Hold your horses.

13. acercow

acercow New Member

which software on Android can do the same as Siri? I only tried google app to search what I said instead of typing.

14. SunnySweet

SunnySweet Contributor
    Bronze

I have the current Siri app on my iPhone 4. I have had it since the day it hit the AppStore and it has always performed flawlessly. It is sooo easy to use and saves a LOT of time and typing ... plus it is FUN! I find this simple little app AMAZING ... and am looking forward to using Apple's version on my new 4S! It is a lot like FaceTime ... some people never take advantage of that but I use mine A LOT! If you take advantage of all your phone has to offer and use it in the ways Steve envisioned ... it is a work of art at the very least!

15. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

I don't believe the one that was in the app store is the same as that included with the 4S.

And the reports of the 4S's Siri running on an A4 device like the iPhone 4 appear to be premature. One of the two people credited with doing it has essentially said all they did was prove it did not work.

Michael

16. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I have an app called Vlingo that does voice calling and voice texting. The app was free and it is actually pretty good. You have to access the app and then press record and stop.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

17. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Voice Search. One of Google's core apps in the Android Market. Once installed it becomes integrated so that where ever you have a screen keyboard you can trigger it to dictate your text.

I uploaded a video sample of it in action. Sorry though that my screencast app doesn't capture audio but you can see what I said from the voice text translation visible on the screen.
    http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/what-does-the-s-stand-for-in-iphone-4s.79872/page-2

#18 iP5, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  18. acercow

acercow New Member

thanks,
    hope it can recognize Chinese well, and I used to dictating texts with a special input method developed by University of Science and Technology of China. But I'm bothering with switching input method frequently and I think it's unnecessary to install an input method only for voice typing.
    The voice search may fit me, I will try it on my Acer Liquid, firmware Android 2.3

#19 acercow, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  19. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Siri is a very big deal

Siri naysayers fall into two camps: 1) those who say it’s no big deal; and 2) those who say Android has had it since August. Both classes of naysayers are wrong.