Will Siri be available for iPhone 4?

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
You can, just turn voice commend on instead of Siri.
Not seeing it. But then again, would you have to turn Siri off then turn voice command on? With that many clicks I might as well just hit the call buttons and go to contacts and stuff.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Not seeing it. But then again, would you have to turn Siri off then turn voice command on? With that many clicks I might as well just hit the call buttons and go to contacts and stuff.
I don't know how it works exactly, I don't have a 4S yet, but someone here told him you still have voice command.
Maybe one day it will automatically switch between the 2 when Siri is on the crapper, but for now I say enjoy it and don't get to stressed out over it, beta is beta.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Yes, you just have to go in and disable Siri and the old Voice Command will work. If I did that, then it would be just as easy to go to contacts and dial (with my eyes off the road!).

Navaskdl

Bronze
Dec 27, 2010
Hi
Is Siri a hardware feature or just the software update in ios5? What I mean to ask is can I have Siri in my iPhone 4?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Right now, no. There are rumors that it has been ported for the iPhone 4, but you'd have to jailbreak to get it, if it becomes available, which I do not think it is yet.

So to answer your question, right now it is just on the 4s.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Right now, no. There are rumors that it has been ported for the iPhone 4, but you'd have to jailbreak to get it, if it becomes available, which I do not think it is yet.

So to answer your question, right now it is just on the 4s.
Yes Siri has been ported. But the creators stated it will never be released publicly. Because Siri has to work through Apples servers

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
I don't even think Siri will be ported over to previous phone models even with the jailbreak. Sounds like they are having to many problems.

Jay Skeeter

Nov 9, 2011
Siri is on 4s models only, there is a mother chip inside the phone that is registered only to that phone and it's not available through other means. Also, when you use Siri it goes directly to Apple and confirms who you are before it answers you.