will someone give me some reasons

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Black07SS

Dec 6, 2007
for going to cingular this weekend and buying an iPhone and selling my friend my blackjack.

just curious what you guys have to say. my friend has one and i really like it but let me hear your thoughts.

thanks guys

thomas

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Reasons? Of why the iPhone is freaking awesome?

If so, then I could write a novel. There is no reason not to get it.

- John

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
for going to cingular this weekend and buying an iPhone and selling my friend my blackjack.

just curious what you guys have to say. my friend has one and i really like it but let me hear your thoughts.

thanks guys

thomas

well i just got mine monday. and im still amazed at this thing and what it can do. i personally i don't have cingular as of now i just jailbroke it. im still with tmobile and im waiting for a unlock by the dev team. but yes this phone is pure INSANE. id say go get it and you will realize

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
The only thing I miss about my blackjack is the sling player for my sling box. I don't really miss the 3G since I can usually get on wi-fi.

Also, the iPhone's interface kicks Windows Mobile 5.0's ass!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The only thing I miss about my blackjack is the sling player for my sling box. I don't really miss the 3G since I can usually get on wi-fi.

Correction: The iPhone's interface kicks all asses.

- John

Black07SS

Dec 6, 2007
cool guys thanks, also i have aol email, can i have it so when i get an aol email it shows on my phone, or do i need to get a new email address with another server, and if so which is the fastest for the iPhone. thanks

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I will tell you honestly (im far from an Apple fan boy) that I could not imagine going back to an old cell phone.
Being able to listen to my music and surf the internet anywhere I go on my phone is awsome.
I've played with two recent "iPhone killers" and they both were clunky as hell. Not even close.
The way the iPhones screen displays movies is also far beyond anything else I've seen.

That said, it depends on what YOU want out of a phone. Maybe you need high speed internet wherever you go, or maybe you need some businesss feature that I don't.

Good luck with whatever phone you get!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
As Hunter said, your needs may not be the same as someone else's; it all depends on you. Currently the iPhone is the new 'HOTNESS!"

Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007

thanks guys

thomas
Keep you BJ and get an iPod touch... or dump the overpriced data plan with AT&T and get a sprint phone and get an ipod touch. But the touch won't have all the apps.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I agree with Hunter.

Said "iPhone Killers" are not killer at all. The bet candidate is the Android. And while it's nice and productive, it's interface blows too.

- John

Black07SS

Dec 6, 2007
anyone know about the aol email question that i asked up a few posts back, that is one thing that i would like to know about.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Keep you BJ and get an iPod touch... or dump the overpriced data plan with AT&T and get a sprint phone and get an ipod touch. But the touch won't have all the apps.
I originally had the iPod Touch and got the phone instead. For all the things I do/don't do with the phone, I might as well had kept the iPod Touch.

smitty24

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Lakeland, FL

WM6 falls in the same category, and sling box will be coming out sooner or later...

do it! no regrets here, just that i didn't do it earlier

dooki

Sep 21, 2007
CA
I believe that I would wait until May of next year. iPhone 2.0 should be out by then ;)
Do you guys anticipate that the price of the iPhone 2.0 will be higher than the current price? Also, I've heard that the 3G network is spotty at best. Would AT&T be able to improve that by next May? I was stoked on getting an iPhone this weekend but with the announcement today of 3G coming in May I'm back to square one and undecided... :mad:

If 2.0 was coming out like Dec'08, I wouldn't have mind getting the iPhone now.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
Do you guys anticipate that the price of the iPhone 2.0 will be higher than the current price? Also, I've heard that the 3G network is spotty at best. Would AT&T be able to improve that by next May? I was stoked on getting an iPhone this weekend but with the announcement today of 3G coming in May I'm back to square one and undecided... :mad:

If 2.0 was coming out like Dec'08, I wouldn't have mind getting the iPhone now.
I believe that it will be higher but well worth waiting for.

Black07SS

Dec 6, 2007
well then when the new one comes out, my wife gets an unexpected present.

see problem solved.

can anyone help me with my aol question. will aol email work with the iPhone or should i start a new email address with a server that works faster with the iPhone

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
As far as getting the iPhone, as many people here have said, it really depends upon your needs and wants. If your only looking for an MP3 player then I would say just go buy one and skip the phone. If you want a sexy, sleet mini-computer that you can take anywhere you want and have access to the internet, email, weather, maps, games, etc.. and also have the ability to make calls then the iPhone is perfect for you. Most of the complaints that you read on this forum and others are from people who are used to a specific feature such as picture messaging and they complain about that feature missing. While there are a few items that should have been included in the phone and were left off, overall the phone and the software provided on it is well worth the cost.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Man, this one is easy..
Of ALLLLL the phones to argue getting an iPhone over, IMO the Blackjack is the easiest...

Apple's keyboard may take a few days to learn (and learn you) but it beats needing pencil tips for fingers to TRY and type on a Blackjack.

Windows Mobile is tries EVERYTHING and maybe gets some of it 75% right.

Interface on the iPhone is...well.....IMO... there is currently nothing better.

3G on a matchbox-size screen? How is that fun?

I could go on but I am sick of typing Blackjack since abbreviating it just doesn't seem like a good idea...

The iPhone NUKES the Blackjack hands down...