Will someone make a program to text in landscape?

mstape

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
I have been searching and I havn't really seen anyone talk about being able to flip the phone to text with the long keyboard as you would if you were searching on the web in landscape mode? I would love to see this in one of the updates or see a 3rd party app to allow for this feature ?

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
I think the main thing is that the landscape keyboard takes up so much of the screen that it is almost impractical. Therefore no one has really put any serious effort into it.

mstape

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
That surprises me because I think it would be one of my top gripes about the phone. I do quite a bit of texting and the portrait view is cramped and I make too many mistakes. I know that the screen would be quite a bit smaller but i would love to have a little more room to hit the keys.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
That surprises me because I think it would be one of my top gripes about the phone. I do quite a bit of texting and the portrait view is cramped and I make too many mistakes. I know that the screen would be quite a bit smaller but i would love to have a little more room to hit the keys.
I would do anything for lanscape typ mesaging! What I wouldn't do for a simple app to install to fix this!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
yeah i've been wanting this since i've gotten phone. I think its a worthy substitute for screen space to be able to type on the big keyboard...why do we need to be able to read our text convos so well while we r typing? I'm sure someone could respond and say they would want to be looking at a text when responding but that can be done before you start typing or flip to horizontal.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
yeah i've been wanting this since i've gotten phone. I think its a worthy substitute for screen space to be able to type on the big keyboard...why do we need to be able to read our text convos so well while we r typing? I'm sure someone could respond and say they would want to be looking at a text when responding but that can be done before you start typing or flip to horizontal.
or like in apollo im you can tap the field with all the "txt bubbles" and the keyboard goes down . tap it again and the keyboard goes up

Dec 29, 2008
Yes there is an app!

IT HAS FINALLY COME...the fliq notes can be landscape keyboarded and you can email them once your finished! ITS THE BEST APP EVER:laugh2: