Will the Apple Store have iPhone 6 Plus in stock on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by RyansTitan05, Sep 15, 2014.

1. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

Anyone know if the apple stores will have any available the day of launch? Best buy screwed me over and for the first time in 5 years get it pre ordered in time. I haven't missed a launch day in 5 years!!!!

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Definitely. They might not have many of the iPhone 6 Plus, but you could almost certainly get an iPhone 6 if you wait in line all night. I waited for twelve hours last year. They had enough stock to last for everyone who waited around eight hours or more, but you didn't have much of a choice with color or GB. I'd plan on getting there by 9 pm if you want good odds. Millions of people preordered, which should decrease the line sizes, but then again the demand is higher than last year.

3. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

Well I'll def call apple and see! Hopefully they can tell me! I've waited in lines every year just for the excitement... But this year I'm pissed so I got get it done! Lol

4. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

The stock will vary at each store. Last year the only had 2 gold 5s period of all the sizes and carriers. Next nearest apple store is about 80 miles away so it does a big volume I had a bunch if people from 2-2 1/2 hours away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

I went to the launch on Iday last year on the 5s. People there did not show up till Approx 2am. I just called AT&T and cancelled my pre order that would be shipped in late november. My goal is to get to the apple store around midnight this year and wait it out. I did call them and they will have the Iphone 6 Plus in stock. Just didn't know how many and what color/size. I want a space grey 64g.... So Here is to hoping i continue my streak of not missing and I Phone Launch day......

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Titled changed. Please use descriptive titles as per our quality guidelines. Thanks for your understanding.

Note: This message will be deleted.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I think the iPhone 6 Plus is this year's gold iPhone 5s. Very limited and probably specific to color/carrier. That being said, if you get there early enough, you should be good.

8. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I'm in the same situation, I'm leaving my house at about midnight which will put me at the Apple Store about 1:30-2:00. I'm hoping for a iPhone plus 64gb space gray!

Sent from my iPhone 5

9. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

Same here!!!!!

Thanks Chris sorry about that!

10. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Wow I wish I could get to my Apple Store that late but if I do there will likely be a couple hundred people in front of me. I was just over 150th last year and got there at 10pm.

11. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

Wow! I hope I'll be alright! I was talking to the guy who was #1 in line last year. He got there at 8:00 and said around 12:00 - 1:00 there was 15-30 people.

Sent from my iPhone 5

12. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Hinezy you more than likely will be fine. My Apple Store sells more iphones than any other in the country. I also think this year will pull less of a crowd due to there being a preorder. I think I'm being overly cautious but I'd rather be overly cautious and get the phone I want than to be kicking myself on the way home empty handed.

13. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

So, any guesses as to what kind of availability there will be at various outlets on Friday for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus?

I called my local AT&T Store today and they said that they know they will have some iPhone 6 availability, but don't know how much. He didn't think they would have any of the iPhone 6 Plus. It's all kind of a crapshoot. I asked him if he would have a better idea before closing on Thursday night, and he said that's very likely. I will check back then.

I live in a small town of about 5,000 people in Alaska, and last year on launch day for the 5S, they had enough stock to last the entire day, with about 20 phones left over. They year before, they ran out in a few hours.

So, what do people expect for availability in your local stores?

Nearest Apple Store, Best Buy(2), etc. are 150 miles away.

There is also a local Walmart about 15 miles away, which I have not contacted yet to see if they may be expecting some.

14. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I think the Apple Store will always get a greater and more diverse stock of available models. If I were in the market for a Plus, I'd avoid the carriers and Best Buy. I'd venture to guess that stock is limited on those models. They sold out the quickest on Apple.com. To me, that means supply is limited and we'll see more of the same come Friday.

Bigger Apple Stores will always get more phones. They also have more people showing up for those phones.

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Judging by the amount they had available for preorder, I think you'll be able to get an iPhone 6 locally, but you'll likely have to order a 6 Plus online if you want that size.

16. thevlad

thevlad Member
    Bronze

Are you talking about the Wasilla AT&T store? And where do you live that's only 15 miles from Walmart but 150 miles from Anchorage?

17. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

No, I'm talking about the Soldotna ATT store. And the Walmart in Kenai is about 15 miles away.

18. thevlad

thevlad Member
    Bronze

Ahh. Ok, because I was thinking Wasilla and the numbers didn't add up:D

19. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I'd say best bet for availability will always be Apple. The downside is they will always draw the biggest crowds and longer lines. I know my local store will probably draw 5,000+.

20. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

I'm going for the 6+ however if my local store doesn't have any then it just wasn't meant to be and a 6 will have to do and that's the way I'm approaching this. I'll be happy to get whatever they want to sell me.