Will the Apple store hold an iPhone if you call in?

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
If the Apple store in question has an abundance of phones will they hold one for you? The closest one to me is about an hour away and I really don't want to get four hours of sleep, drive all the way out there in my gas guzzling sports car and end up leaving empty handed. Has anyone had any luck with calling in the morning?

It's showing the availability in Orlando but I'm willing to bet they won't have any.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
If the Apple store in question has an abundance of phones will they hold one for you? The closest one to me is about an hour away and I really don't want to get four hours of sleep, drive all the way out there in my gas guzzling sports car and end up leaving empty handed. Has anyone had any luck with calling in the morning?

It's showing the availability in Orlando but I'm willing to bet they won't have any.
I don't think they'll put it aside. You'll have to just get there early, wait in line (if there is one), just like everyone else does.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
they will definitely not hold one, your best bet is to go to an AT&T store and order one and go get it once they contact you that it is in.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
As previously stated, they're sold on a first come, first serve basis. Good luck in finding one.

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
I heard of the Apple stores opening early.. but I doubt a mall will open early. But how in the heck to wait in line at a mall that opens up at 10am? You just wait for the doors to open and be the first one to get to the Apple store.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
For most of the malls that open at 10 AM the Apple store starts the formation of a line nearest the entrance to the Apple store. That prevents people from running like mad once the mall doors open. Also, most malls open a bit early anyway to allow the early-morning walkers a chance to roam around.

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Ah crap.. I have no idea where the nearest entrance to the Apple store is. I've never even been to this mall before. Guess I'm just going to have to show up at seven and ask around.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Ah crap.. I have no idea where the nearest entrance to the Apple store is. I've never even been to this mall before. Guess I'm just going to have to show up at seven and ask around.
does the mall have a website?
Usually, mall have website with their floor plan with sore numbers.
Maybe you can find out that way instead?

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Nah.. being that this is Orlando, there's surely to be five thousand people in line so I would know exactly where to go. Not even worth it, would be out of stock or probably is already out of stock. The website only shows the 8GB being in, but I've seen that webpage change throughout the night after 9PM before. Not even going to hold my breath. Wish there was an Apple store closer to me so it would be more viable to actually go down and see if they have anything in stock.

AT&T has no effin clue what they're doing when I call them.

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
Apparently its a "First Come, First Serve" Bases.