Will the iPhone 6 have a bigger screen?

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I read it will have a high intensity LED that will project a 42" screen on the wall. It's the biggest iPhone display yet.

I don't know why I got in this.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I hear the iP6 screen may be 5" x 7"... :eek:

But yes, it's an Internet Rumor at this point.

Nothing to see here!

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
I'd venture to guess that it will definitely be bigger. How much bigger? I'm guessing it will fall in the range of 4.8"-5.3". Merely a guess!

Sent using iCafe app

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Regardless of the screen size Apple may up to, I think they'll still want it to feel comfortable in the hand. The GS4 my son has just feels too wide to me with its 5" screen. Yet the LG G2 has a 5.2" screen but feels better in hand than the GS4. I'm guessing the iPhone 6 to be at least 4.7" but still done to feel comfy in hand. Guess we'll find out next year.

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
not matter how much bigger it will be than the current phone, their will still be thoes who say it's
too big and won't buy it. but once truth becomes fact and the phone is released they are once again
standing in line for it. kinda reminds me of the iPhone 4,4s many said they would never go to a bigger
phone but thoes same peeps now have a 5s.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
not matter how much bigger it will be than the current phone, their will still be thoes who say it's
too big and won't buy it. but once truth becomes fact and the phone is released they are once again
standing in line for it. kinda reminds me of the iPhone 4,4s many said they would never go to a bigger
phone but thoes same peeps now have a 5s.
It was a half an inch at the top and NO change on the width. That 0.5 inch didn't really affect pocketability and one handed usage. I think people meant (I know I did) that they wouldn't go with a 4.7" or 5" or something similar. They meant they would continue to go with the current size if Apple offered two sizes. No one anticipated such a tiny change in screen size. You must admit that the half inch wasn't a drastic change.

Apple will almost certainly continue to offer the current size (or close to it) when they finally do offer a 4.7" or bigger phone. They realize one handed usage is important to a lot of their customers - and half of their customer base probably has hands smaller than yours (women) so it doesn't mean much to me when a guy says he can still use a 4.7" screen with one hand. I cannot and will not buy a phone that big.

Additionally, I've read quite a few posts where people said they wouldn't go with another iPhone unless it has a much bigger screen. It didn't so they switched to Android only to realize the downfalls of a bigger screen (as well as miss iOS), so they sold their Androids and returned to the iPhone.

Last edited:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Apple will release a 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6. Shortly after, Samsung will start pushing new Galaxy S devices with 3.5 and 4.0-inch displays.:LOL: The next small thing is here.

Off topic, but going through some old phone boxes and I came across a Palm Veer. What were they thinking? Or smoking?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
i have always said their is no "one size fits all" when it comes to phones. like you say their are downfalls to a big screen but the same can be said for a small screen. it's a game of give and take.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have always said their is no "one size fits all" when it comes to phones. like you say their are downfalls to a big screen but the same can be said for a small screen. it's a game of give and take.
Agreed. Apple should have a couple of options on screen size.