Will the iPhone 6 Plus hurt sales of the iPad mini?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
i don't think so. i have always been a believer in choice is good. besides one is tablet and the other is a phablet

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I own the iPad Mini Retina and I love it. I have also ordered the iPhone 6 Plus. Even the size of the Plus doesn't compare to the larger screens of the iPads. I would still prefer watching movies, videos, and reading books on my iPad Mini compared to the iPhone 6 Plus.

Sassytallsista

Contributor
Bronze
May 22, 2010
Texas
It did for me. I was tired of lugging around the min & a phone

Sent using iCafe app

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
For a phone and a primary device I prefer the smaller size of the 5s. I'm even having second thoughts about upgrading to the iPhone 6 until I'm "forced" to by obsolescence or peer pressure. ;)

As a secondary device for reading, web browsing, viewing pics and videos, etc, the iPad Mini is high on my wish list. I've had the opportunity to get some hands on time with both the iPad 3 and the Mini and to me the Mini is the sweet spot. If I need a bigger screen than that I've got the MBP.

So, from my point of view, the 6 Plus poses no competition to the Mini, especially at their respective price points. I can see that for some folks the 6 Plus is the perfect all around device and may cannibalize sales of the Mini. Apple has shown that they're not concerned with such cannibalization among their products, and as stated, the more choices and niches filled the better.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I was really considering the Plus with the idea that I might not carry around my iPad Air as much. Probably cancel the cellular data on it as well. I believe that the unavailability of the Plus was just Karma telling me how silly I was.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have an iPhone 6+ and just listed my 6-month old iPad Mini Retina 32GB AT&T on Craigslist for $425. I'm thinking that it will probably be worth less after this coming Thursday's probable iPad upgrades announcement. Ever since I got my 6+, I have not found the need to use my iPad Mini. I do still have an iPad Air and am thinking of selling it and upgrading to the newest Air assuming it is announced on Thursday.

Sassytallsista

Contributor
Bronze
May 22, 2010
Texas
I have an iPhone 6+ and just listed my 6-month old iPad Mini Retina 32GB AT&T on Craigslist for $425. I'm thinking that it will probably be worth less after this coming Thursday's probable iPad upgrades announcement. Ever since I got my 6+, I have not found the need to use my iPad Mini. I do still have an iPad Air and am thinking of selling it and upgrading to the newest Air assuming it is announced on Thursday.
I got 475 for mine on EBay right after the 6 was announced same specs as yours....Of course the 455 was b4 eBay got their cutHopefully yours will sell quickly
Good Luck

Sent using iCafe app

JanL

Bronze
Aug 26, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
For a phone and a primary device I prefer the smaller size of the 5s. I'm even having second thoughts about upgrading to the iPhone 6 until I'm "forced" to by obsolescence or peer pressure. ;)

As a secondary device for reading, web browsing, viewing pics and videos, etc, the iPad Mini is high on my wish list. I've had the opportunity to get some hands on time with both the iPad 3 and the Mini and to me the Mini is the sweet spot. If I need a bigger screen than that I've got the MBP.

So, from my point of view, the 6 Plus poses no competition to the Mini, especially at their respective price points. I can see that for some folks the 6 Plus is the perfect all around device and may cannibalize sales of the Mini. Apple has shown that they're not concerned with such cannibalization among their products, and as stated, the more choices and niches filled the better.
Jhkf ggggg

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
am seriously looking at the 64gb black mini 2. waiting for a Kijiji sale in the $275-$300 range.

Sent from my OnePlus One

JanL

Bronze
Aug 26, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
I went ahead and traded in my mini for new mini and love it. The print is so much clearer and I use my mini to read books and watch video. I don't like doing either of those on my phone.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I went ahead and traded in my mini for new mini and love it. The print is so much clearer and I use my mini to read books and watch video. I don't like doing either of those on my phone.
1st generation for 3rd?

Sent from my OnePlus One

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So you had a first generation mini, right? That's a good upgrade since that one wasn't retina.

Books and movies are the main things I use my mini for as well. I have a 2013 retina mini and see no reason to upgrade since I don't want gold and Touch ID isn't worth the cost of upgrading. I would have upgraded if they had given it a better processor, more RAM and better cameras like they did with the new iPad Air.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Since I got my 6+ I've stopped using my retina iPad mini and handed it down to my wife, and my son got her mini. Love my 6+