Will The iPhone be available immediately following WWDC?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
My guess is it will be introduced and launch later this month.
I just hope the firmware and app store are available Monday, but who knows.

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Ya my guess is as good as any but i would also guess that Jobs would announce a release date to give time to pump it up.

but with iPhones being out of stock on the internet site, Jobs may want to get them on the market right away, who knows

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I find the fact that they are still un-available online to buy on both Apple.com and Att.com very interesting.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
We don't even have confirmation at this point that there will even be anything about the iPhone at WWDC. At this point, everything is a rumor, no matter how many 'reliable sources' are reporting things. However, my guess is that the 3G iPhone will be introduced at the Keynote, demoed, and will be released later this month with the 2.0 firmware.

- John

chris5468

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Springfield,il
yes I agree with John. They have to hype everyone up first by showing all the things the new iPhone can do. But hopefuly a new firmware will come out because I'm not planning on getting the new iPhone until January. God thats a long time;(

gwallis

Jun 8, 2008
With all the info that has been coming out... it would be a mistake not to make it available on Monday!

rcclcruise

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
WELL folks just saw a story on FOX news talking about the new iPhone that was being RELEASED tomorrow, not announced, but RELEASED...HMMMMM!

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I think it'll come out wither tomorrow or sometime this week because Apple has a HUGE shipment of something at the door steps in Cupertino right now. It could be new Macbooks, iPhones, who knows what else, but I think the iPhone is in their somewhere. Like someone said it would be pretty dumb of them to announce it and not have it available extremely soon.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
yes I agree with John. They have to hype everyone up first by showing all the things the new iPhone can do. But hopefuly a new firmware will come out because I'm not planning on getting the new iPhone until January. God thats a long time;(
Wow nice to see ya chris, you havnt been here/ or posted in a while:cool:

On topic: Thats MacWorld your thinking of when a new product maybe talked about at the keynote speech, then released after MacWorld is over:)

tymphillips

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
I'm thinking if anything is released it will be this Friday or the last Friday of the month. PAY DAY for most people. I was at the Apple store a few days and mentioned I was ready for Monday b/c of the App Store. One of the genius guys said "That's IF it's released this Monday!" But we all know how those guys can be...ha! :)

trido

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
No vacations starting JUNE 15th

I think it'll come out wither tomorrow or sometime this week because Apple has a HUGE shipment of something at the door steps in Cupertino right now. It could be new Macbooks, iPhones, who knows what else, but I think the iPhone is in their somewhere. Like someone said it would be pretty dumb of them to announce it and not have it available extremely soon.
don't forget ATT emplyees can take NO vacatiosn starting June 15th till some time in July.

So my guess they may sell this coming friday?

I was going to say Sunday Fathers Day but doubt it be on a Sunday?

Trido

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I was at the Apple store a few days and mentioned I was ready for Monday b/c of the App Store. One of the genius guys said "That's IF it's released this Monday!" But we all know how those guys can be...ha! :)
If you saw the last presentation the app store and firmware 2.0 for G1 iPhone will not be released until late june meaning the end of the month.

As far as iPhone Gen2 being released. I thought towards the middle/end month but I really hope it drops tomorrow. I sold my G1 iPhone a couple days ago for $400 and I don't want to have to buy a cheapo while I'm waiting.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Funny, the first iPhone was announced in January and released in June, and the second will be announced in June and you'll be getting it in January.

- John

misery94

Jun 8, 2008
I for one certainly hope it gets released tomorrow. I sold my iPhone last Wednesday and I am dying here! I had to go back to my old Nokia 6620 backup phone. It is a good little phone, but it seems like a dinosaur fossil next to an iPhone. Trying to type in anything on that standard phone keypad is pure torture. If it does come out, I will be getting in the car and taking a "long lunch" to go get it.