Will the iPhone come down in price?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

emmaonline

Bronze
Nov 24, 2006
Just wondering if the iPhone will follow the cellular phone trend which is to release it in the high $200 price range and then start lowering the price after a few months until it is selling for sub $100 with a contact to a particular service provider?

Mar 15, 2007
I doubt it. I imagine the price will remain the same for a long time, like iPods and such. Supply and demand will dictate that.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I agree that the price will probably not come done in the near future. I think it is much more likely that Apple will release some lower priced models. Who knows, maybe we will see an iPhone Nano before the end of the year :).

phone19

Apr 1, 2007
I think that it would be sensible to offer a lower price, around Sept. Oct. 07' (only a few months after the June release), mainly because there are a huge market of people who are interested in the iPHONE, and won't be able to purchase it because they are already in contract with some other mobile service provider (other than Cingular who is offering the UNlockable iPhone).. and they won;t be able to afford paying the get out of my contract fee + the 500$ for the iPhone+ the monthly iPhone bill, which will most likely be ridiculously high (around 100 or so a month) I don;t know about you all, but I am crazy for the iPhone! all for it! But, I could invest that kind of money into a whole new labtop that has the same capabilities, instead of the iPhone. Im just getting a little reluctant.. I could also invest my money in another PDA phone that will be way cheaper to buy and maintain month to month!:eek:

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
My 2 pennies say they price will not change. I think they'll see all the demand they need with the pricing set as it is.

Supply and demand.

I would foresee them offering a lower end model in a year or two.

archer6

Bronze
May 15, 2007
I just called my Corp rep back to see if there was any chance of getting a hint of a release date. Still tight lipped on that one.

I've decided to buy version 1.0 of the iPhone, since it's only going to cost me $59.99 per month for 1400 minutes and unlimited data & text.

At a price like this is really doesn't matter if it's bug free or not. It' too cheap to pass up. Nothing like good deal.

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
I agree that the price will probably not come done in the near future. I think it is much more likely that Apple will release some lower priced models. Who knows, maybe we will see an iPhone Nano before the end of the year :).
Apple submitted a patent of what looks to be a iPhone nano, using both sides of the device to save space. My guess is that they will release a phone like this first or second quarter of next year.

look at the submitted patent here:

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2007/05/iphone-nano/

May 31, 2007
Everything eventually comes down in price... More a question of how long you want to wait to get your iPhone. Technology changes so fast and there are bound to be many upgrades and improvements after its release date. Treo has come down in price only slightly and for that you generally have to sign a longer contract... so is it really worth it? For some yes... for others not so much!

Maxwell

May 31, 2007
What's price? iPhone is a "must have" item at any price!

Just wondering if the iPhone will follow the cellular phone trend which is to release it in the high $200 price range and then start lowering the price after a few months until it is selling for sub $100 with a contact to a particular service provider?
iPhones will be everywhere within the first several months of distribution. If other hot new items are any example, people will get into bidding wars because that HAVE TO HAVE ONE NOW! Wait and see.

cobalt24

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I would think like all things Apple they will just come out with new products (iPhones, in this case) once in a while and the prices will remain the same. Then you feel bad that yours is now obsolete when the cooler one is now the same price as you paid for yours 6 months ago... :-D

Last edited by a moderator: