Will The iPhone Plans Include Unlimited Night And Weekends?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hunt577

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I am just wondering, because while these rate plans look incredibly fantastic, it does not say that they include Unlimited Night And Weekends. I assume its a given that they will have them at that it will be from 9 PM - 7 AM M-F and 9 PM Friday Evening until 7 AM Monday morning. Does anyone have clarification.

I currently work for AT&T Mobility Formerly Cingular Wireless in one of the call centers. So, I deal with customers on a daily basis. Yes, I do get cussed out and stuff. Then again, I understand how important wireless devices are this day and age and I don't take it personal, but rather try to see where they are coming from. I currently own the AT&T 8525, formerly the Cingular 8525 device that was created by HTC. It's a really fine device. However, data plans were not included in my employee rate plan, so I am paying $39.99 a month for unlimited data. I get about 1000 anytime minutes, however, I barely use 400. I pay $9.99 a month additional for Early Night And Weekends. So when you add everything up, I pay about $55 a month for my service.

Now, with the iPhone, I can get 450 anytime minutes, of which I know I most likely wouldn't go over, unlimited data, 200 Text Messages, for $59.99 a month. I would only be paying a little bit more on a monthly basis than I currently am for my employee discount with the 8525. I am absolutely in love with the iPhone. A lot of people have told me that I already have a nicer device than the iPhone with the AT&T 8525, but I don't see how. First of all, I am a bit unsatisfied with the internet experience on this device. It's a very limited version of the internet. I don't really feel like I am using the real internet. Second of all, I can't play YouTube videos. LOL. Yeah, that sounds bad, but I have to go to tinytube.com to watch youtube videos, and I have to actually download them, which takes up the little bit of storage that I have on the phone. Plus, tinytube offers a limited version of Youtube.

So the 8525 is like a mini computer, and the iPhone is not, some say. I disagree. Can't you surf the internet, and isn't it the REAL internet? They say you will be able to download 3rd Party applications in the future. Personally, the iPhone just feels like it will fit me better. I am already an iPod user. No matter where I am, my iPod follows. It's everywhere I go. Music is pretty much my life. Everyone I know thinks I am crazy for paying $600 for a device. They forget that its a one time payment and that I'll only be paying a little more for the monthly service than I already am since they've been so genuine with the announced rate plans. So, I think I am going to get the iPhone. As far as bugs, errors, etc. I've not known Apple to release a product that hasn't worked great.

Oh and I honestly don't know anymore than anyone else does about the iPhone. Honestly! I come on here to get all the information. I found out about the rate plans through this forum today. LOL. I'll be standing in line on Friday trying to get one, hopefully! Then again, they might already be sold out. This device is in extreme high demand!

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Everyone plan specifies what weekend minutes are included.

Some of them include a set amount, and some are unlimited.

Go back and review the plans again. It says on all of them.

IPhone_Chica

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I wonder if I will be able to keep my current family plan and just extend the contract.

Yes you will, but you must purchase an iPhone data package for existing customers. They range from 20 bucks which includes unlimited data and 200 sms, 30 bucks which includes unlimited data and 1500 sms, or 40 bucks which is unlimited data and sms.

hunt577

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Everyone plan specifies what weekend minutes are included.

Some of them include a set amount, and some are unlimited.

Go back and review the plans again. It says on all of them.
Thanks, I did, and they had a chart that specified what each plan included. The $59.99 a month plan has 5K Night and Weekend minutes. Thats plenty for me. I didn't see that chart last time, lol.