Will there ever be a price drop for rate plans?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

drconehead2000

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Lets think....the iPhone plans are $20 on top of standard plans...normal data is $40.....I would say you are already getting a decent rate...

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I also believe the rates are reasonable. But if a different company comes out with a new phone of this caliber, there could be price wars. Unlikely though.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Don't forget visual voicemail is part of that 20$.

Unlimited Data, 200 Text, Visual voicemail. $20 sounds great to me.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
Somewhere down the road you'll probably see reduced price for the iPhone itself for signing up for the 2 year contract, but that probably won't be for another 5 years when every wireless provider is carrying the iPhone. Could be sooner though if iPhone sales aren't where Apple and att expect them to be--which is very possible.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Somewhere down the road you'll probably see reduced price for the iPhone itself for signing up for the 2 year contract, but that probably won't be for another 5 years when every wireless provider is carrying the iPhone. Could be sooner though if iPhone sales aren't where Apple and att expect them to be--which is very possible.

I highly doubt we'll see price reductions (I hope we never do). They'll discontinue before that happens and come out with a full priced new version. It's the Apple thing to do.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I highly doubt we'll see price reductions (I hope we never do). They'll discontinue before that happens and come out with a full priced new version. It's the Apple thing to do.
I agree, no price reduction likely. I could be wrong but I've never seen an Apple device even on sale. iPods are always the same retail price, everywhere. Can't even find a bargain at Christmas :)

iCop

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Tucson, AZ.
My plan costs me $137 (including tax) per month. I have 1350 anytime minites, unlimited text and data. Is this standard for what I get? It seems pretty high to me. Could someone who has this same plan let me knpw what your bill os after tax? Thanks!

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Um why don't you want to see price reductions?
I think everyone is just being realistic.

AT&T's "iPhone plans" are more reasonable than similar service from Verizon and other carriers - Verizon's data plan alone is >$20 more than the iPhone plan.

As long as Apple maintains an exclusive agreement with AT&T, they'll have no incentive to reduce the price of the iPhone or subsidize it in any way. And once they begin to sell through other carriers, there will likely be a new iPhone that everyone will go nuts over, and that they'll charge full price for.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
My plan costs me $137 (including tax) per month. I have 1350 anytime minites, unlimited text and data. Is this standard for what I get? It seems pretty high to me. Could someone who has this same plan let me knpw what your bill os after tax? Thanks!
Thats not high at all. Cheap. 1350 anytime! unlimited text! that right there is like 50-60 bucks extra! Do you really need so many anytime minutes?
Without the unlimited text your plan is 99.99 before taxes. Atleast another 10$ for unlimited text. So lets say 110 before taxes. Sounds about right to me.

And if you bought any other extras like 7-7

iCop

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Tucson, AZ.
Whats strange to me is that my plan seems to be laid out a bit differently. I am being charged $79.99 for 1350 anytime minites and my data plan is $20 as well as my unlimited text. Works out the same. I have never had roll-over minites with pervious cell carriers, so I will see in time if I should lower my plan. Last month I had 450 roll-over minutes left. If that continues, I will lower the plan. I rarely use my home phone because my iPhone is ALWAYS on me.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Whats strange to me is that my plan seems to be laid out a bit differently. I am being charged $79.99 for 1350 anytime minites and my data plan is $20 as well as my unlimited text. Works out the same. I have never had roll-over minites with pervious cell carriers, so I will see in time if I should lower my plan. Last month I had 450 roll-over minutes left. If that continues, I will lower the plan. I rarely use my home phone because my iPhone is ALWAYS on me.

Yeah I have over 6,000 rollover minutes. I lowered my plan and they didn't disappear for some reason