Will they still have iPhones in stock the afternoon it comes out?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
is anyone going to get the iPhone in like..the afternoon it comes out,
without fear of it being sold out?

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
i'll probably call a few stores that morning and if they can hold me one, ill go get it that morning.......if not, ill order online. ill be working that day, so i wont have time to stand in line. im actually banking on the fact that i live in a non-tech savvy place. though i actually live near and graduated from the school where the iPhone was "gifted".

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
i guess it depends on how much information is available on release day.

if Apple announces that there are plenty of iPhones to go around....wait, i'll still go early. maybe just not AS early.

i can't imagine getting any work done on release day knowing that the iPhone is out there and i don't have my mitts on one.

so i guess i'm going early for two reasons...to ensure getting one (especially an 8GB) and just to get one ASAP.

May 6, 2007
United States
This is a tough call. I will call the local Cingular store the night before or if I can get ahold of them before the store opens, and ask how many they have and whether anybody is in line yet. If either of the answers are not so good, I will head straight over. Otherwise, I will head over when it opens, relatively casually, and hope to get one. If I can't get one there, I will check some other stores in the area. And in the worst case, I will order one online and get faster shipping for it.

cpl55

May 25, 2007
online orders?

Has anyone heard anything "official" about whether the iPhone will be available on AT&T's website, or Apple's, or both, on launch day? Might it be available online or in any stores at midnight, like some product launches?

This is a tough call. I will call the local Cingular store the night before or if I can get ahold of them before the store opens, and ask how many they have and whether anybody is in line yet. If either of the answers are not so good, I will head straight over. Otherwise, I will head over when it opens, relatively casually, and hope to get one. If I can't get one there, I will check some other stores in the area. And in the worst case, I will order one online and get faster shipping for it.

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
Don't believe I'd wait that long to get mine. If I were working that day, I'd be asking for a half day off.
understood, though if i do have to go the website route, ill do next day shipping. hopefully you guys/gals will come here and post your reviews for those who have to wait. that would hold me over till i got mine.