Will this happen?

harleygold

Bronze
Jul 26, 2008
Anderson, IN
Will Apple get involved with putting themes on their phones? I would think with all these talented theme creators, they'd just help in the process. :)

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Who knows? :( Apple seems to be very strict as far as user-experience goes. They like consistency. For example, the SDK states varies guidelines as to how apps present their look-and-feel.

In my opinion, I feel that eventually (read: not anytime soon), they may open up for themes and wallpapers, but yet they will have guidelines before they will allow them to show up in the App Store.

In the meantime, jailbreaking seems to be a viable option if you want themes, et al.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Who knows? :( Apple seems to be very strict as far as user-experience goes. They like consistency. For example, the SDK states varies guidelines as to how apps present their look-and-feel.

In my opinion, I feel that eventually (read: not anytime soon), they may open up for themes and wallpapers, but yet they will have guidelines before they will allow them to show up in the App Store.

In the meantime, jailbreaking seems to be a viable option if you want themes, et al.
I'm not sure if this will ever happen. It is not even easy to get a theme for your mac computer. I mean, they're out there, but its a PITA. The only themes you really have to choose from are the ones that Apple gives you.

I mean, wallpapers yes, but full out themes...not like there are with windows machines.