Will upgrading my wifes and swapping SIMs work

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
I am not eligible for the 3gs upgrade but my wife is with her ver1. If I buy the 3gs under her phone number and swap sims, will it work.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
AT&T will allow you to transfer the upgrade to your line, if it's a family plan.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
On the subject of sims...if I want to sell my v1...how do I wipe it 100% completely clean...?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Settings->General->Reset->Erase all content and settings.
Or you could restore it to factory settins in iTunes. Put it in DFU mode, connect to iTunes, choose "having problems with this device", restore to factory settings.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Thanks, Europa. Also, will all the apps I PURCHASED (not free) also transfer without issue to a brand new SIM/iPhone?

Phxblue

Bronze
Apr 13, 2008
The Valley, AZ
Thanks, Europa. Also, will all the apps I PURCHASED (not free) also transfer without issue to a brand new SIM/iPhone?
Yeah make sure your phone and computer and synced up before you wipe your phone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, they'll still be in your iTunes library and sync right over. Even if you get a new computer and a new phone, you won't have to pay again. You just put your password in and download them. After clicking purchase, it will open a pop up saying, you have already been charged for this app and will not be changed again.

Rkilbane20

Bronze
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Yeah, they'll still be in your iTunes library and sync right over. Even if you get a new computer and a new phone, you won't have to pay again. You just put your password in and download them. After clicking purchase, it will open a pop up saying, you have already been charged for this app and will not be changed again.
Sorry but on 3.0 you can no longer "download again" when reinstalling apps. You have to sync through iTunes or you will have to pay for them. Yeah i no its stupid and happened to me already. Luckily it was a free app.