Will we be able to exchange the old iPhone to the 3G

Jollyj@y

May 24, 2007
New York
i have an old one. I hopewe can exchange it.... since it'll be faster and thinner...
They should at least give a discount..

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Attachments

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
i have an old one. I hopewe can exchange it.... since it'll be faster and thinner...

WHAT DO YOU THINK?:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Of course you'll be abe to exchange it. Just remember to bring enough funds to cover the full cost of the new phone.

Jollyj@y

May 24, 2007
New York
Of course you'll be abe to exchange it. Just remember to bring enough funds to cover the full cost of the new phone.
i know that we might pay... But since we already have one will they give us a discount or somekind of special terms?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
i know that we might pay... But since we already have one will they give us a discount or somekind of special terms?
No, they definitely won't. (thats what eragon was saying, but he was being funny ;-) )

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
It's a good question, but no one knows for sure. There's talk about the subsidized iPhone, but who knows whether the subsidy includes returning of used iPhones. AT&T would need to be able to resell the devices. Out with the old, and in with the new.

I think, at best, the answer to your question is very unlikely.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
It's a good question, but no one knows for sure. There's talk about the subsidized iPhone, but who knows whether the subsidy includes returning of used iPhones. AT&T would need to be able to resell the devices. Out with the old, and in with the new.

I think, at best, the answer to your question is very unlikely.
Are you seriously even giving it a 1% chance? There is just no way! I think it falls under the "It will be a cold day in hell" category.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Are you seriously even giving it a 1% chance? There is just no way!
You know, a thought occurred to me. We have a Kelley's Blue Book for used cars. Couldn't we have a Kelley's Blue Book for used iPhones? :laugh2:

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Dude, you make me laugh...

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
To my knowledge, AT&T has never offered any kind of exchange program. If you don't plan to keep your old iPhone, you're better off trying eBay or Craigslist.

Your best chance for a discount on the next iPhone is if AT&T decides to subsidize it like they do with pretty much all their other phones. If your account is eligible, you'd have to renew for 2 years which would make you eligible for discounted pricing.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
You know, a thought occurred to me. We have a Kelley's Blue Book for used cars. Couldn't we have a Kelley's Blue Book for used iPhones? :laugh2:
Haha, I think it would have to encompass all phones. But KBB is one huge and popular website, why should I have to take on phones too? ;)

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
it amazes me that people are even thinking of the notion that Apple or AT&T would exchange 3g iPhones for old ones. The phone has almost been out a year. Its old tech now. Phones usually have a 1 year life cycle before they are replaced by something newer and more fancy. I don't see all the blackberry people crying for a discount on the new blackberry because they are coming out with a new one or the 8525 people crying when the Tilt came out, or the N95 people crying about an upcoming N96 just over a year after the N95 came out.

Come on people, get a grip. Sell it on ebay or craigslist, get a little bit of money to put towards the new iPhone and be happy that you have one.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Which cell phone company ever has let you trade up? They're not crazy they want your money. Your better off selling on Ebay and use that money towards your new phone.

edit-I guess we were posting at the same time ^. Didn't want to repeat the ebay thing but everyone is pretty much in agreement about this.

gadgetguy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I will get a discount! Well, sort of. I lost my iPhone a month ago & am waiting for V2. I just called the Apple Store & they said when I order the new phone, I can use my $100 unused rebate I got some time ago. Now im glad I haven`t used it yet!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
it just sucks for me since i got my 16gig in march :(

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I would also like to point out that if they DID do it, it would make HORRIBLE businesss sense! They know that people are going to buy it unsubsidized, we have proven that with V1.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
it just sucks for me since i got my 16gig in march :(
That's the nature of this beast. There will always be new technology around the corner. You can't possibly keep up, but you can give your current technology a good run for the money. :)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008