Will we ever get instant messaging?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Yeah. Jivetalk was pretty good except for relying on the stability of the web browser. Whenever I'd go home to change a setting or go to another track, or open another page in the web browser to check on something else, it would blank out the Jivetalk page and I'd have to sign in all over again.

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Is there any chat program avalible that will run in the background while you do other things. ie Browes other web pages, talk on the phone etc.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
The two apps that everyone has been talking about Mobilechat and Apollo IM. You will find a plethora of people that are willing to debate why they like one app over the other.

My preference has been to use Apollo IM and JiveTalk both. Apollo does my AIM, and then I use Jive for Yahoo, Gtalk ,and MSN. I wish there was a good app out there that did Gtalk. Mobilechat does it, but I can't ever get my buddy list. Anyway check out those two apps and play with them and you will find one that you prefer.

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
The two apps that everyone has been talking about Mobilechat and Apollo IM. You will find a plethora of people that are willing to debate why they like one app over the other.

My preference has been to use Apollo IM and JiveTalk both. Apollo does my AIM, and then I use Jive for Yahoo, Gtalk ,and MSN. I wish there was a good app out there that did Gtalk. Mobilechat does it, but I can't ever get my buddy list. Anyway check out those two apps and play with them and you will find one that you prefer.

And all three of those apps will continue to run, even if they are not up on the screen? Also, is there any aleart when I new message arrives if the program is running in the background, like a vibrate or tone?