Will Webcam ever come to iPhone?

Sep 29, 2007
I always thought it would be cool to have your iPhone act as a webcam and I think it is possible.

Look we have gotten the camera to take video and with a webcam you do not have to save the video so storage is not an option. Over wifi you will get good connection also.

Audio we know is available aswell due to the microphone.

People will say, well we cannot look at them and the camera at the same time and I do not think thats too big of a deal as they can see what your seeing and you could see them on the screen. Still very cool.

I looked around to see if anything was going on about this and I found this for Windows Mobile:

http://www.ateksoft.com/webcamplus.html

Pretty cool, if only I stilled used my Blackjack

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, it would be awesome, but there are two problems:

1) there is no camera on the front of the iPhone, so the video could only be one-way.

2) bandwidth. I don't think edge can handle video streaming like that.

maybe on iPhone.2...

Sep 29, 2007
yeah, it would be awesome, but there are two problems:

1) there is no camera on the front of the iPhone, so the video could only be one-way.

2) bandwidth. I don't think edge can handle video streaming like that.

maybe on iPhone.2...
I know I said that we could not see them while they see us but being able to see the surroundings and hear them is good enough.

Edge would not handle it but if you look at that application I showed it said Wifi and 3G is able to so maybe iPhone 2 will not only have a native video camera but also web cam? capabilities?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
maybe we can attach another camera to the part where we charge the iPhone. LOL it would look stupid though

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
maybe we can attach another camera to the part where we charge the iPhone. LOL it would look stupid though
I saw a guy who had a 2 mirror device that clipped on to the iPhone that would allow you to see yourself. This was around Aug.