Will you be able to buy CDMA factory unlocked iPhone?

bikerboy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Ohio, USA
What do you think guys ? I know from " outside " the states some places sell Apple iPhone 4 factory unlocked.Do you think we will be able to get the CDMA version factory unlocked too?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jags86

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
what do you plan on doing with an unlocked cdma iPhone?

bikerboy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Ohio, USA
I am wondering , as i think there are come other companies than verizon that can use CDMA
specially unlimited plans companies

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Some Asian countries are still stuck on CDMA. As far unlocked, I don't see why not since the GSM iPhone in Europe are unlocked they allow you to choose what network you want.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
...As far unlocked, I don't see why not since the GSM iPhone in Europe are unlocked they allow you to choose what network you want.
I love my factory unlocked iPhone 4. :005:snicker

bikerboy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Ohio, USA
Some Asian countries are still stuck on CDMA. As far unlocked, I don't see why not since the GSM iPhone in Europe are unlocked they allow you to choose what network you want.
My only consideration is that , they don't Call it iPhone " what so ever " or the CDMA iPhone , they call it " Verizon's iPhone "
So i was wondering , will there be an unlocked version of that or not , As if there is , maybe even siprint people will have their iPhones too ;;) which is gonna be awesome , as a lot of people choose Siprint for it's prices mostly.

koolhand79

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
KILLA CALI
The amount of trouble you would have to go through to get a verizon phone on sprint really isn't worth it. U would most likley have to know someone who works there and has access to be able to put your verizon imei # on sprints network. Even then it may not last, since both carriers do sweeps to check for imei #'s that don't belong. Both carriers are big on having ONLY their phones on their respective netwroks

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The amount of trouble you would have to go through to get a verizon phone on sprint really isn't worth it. U would most likley have to know someone who works there and has access to be able to put your verizon imei # on sprints network. Even then it may not last, since both carriers do sweeps to check for imei #'s that don't belong. Both carriers are big on having ONLY their phones on their respective netwroks
yeah, but if the customer brings their own phone and gets the proper plan(s) for that model type ( as in smartphone with data and messaging), then I cannot see Sprint complaining.
That said, there is still the problem of Spectrum. Just like T-Mobile's 3G will not work with the iPhone, I have a feeling that a CDMA phone meant for Verizon is going to only work on their spectrum.

koolhand79

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
KILLA CALI
yeah, but if the customer brings their own phone and gets the proper plan(s) for that model type ( as in smartphone with data and messaging), then I cannot see Sprint complaining.
That said, there is still the problem of Spectrum. Just like T-Mobile's 3G will not work with the iPhone, I have a feeling that a CDMA phone meant for Verizon is going to only work on their spectrum.
You would think so wouldn't you. If you walk into a sprint store with any unlocked verizon phone they will politely smile at you and explain to you how it cant be done. Now we of course know that it is possible but difficult to do and requires someone on the inside. Since neither carrier uses SIM cards of any kind everything must be done by contacting a sprint agent. and their system is built not to except any IMEI # that didn't come straight from Sprint.