Will you be getting an iPhone?

Will you be getting the new iPhone when it gets released?

• Yes, I will order it as soon as I can.

Votes: 79 67.5%
  • I'll wait to see if the iPhone matches the hype.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Maybe when the price comes down

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • No thanks, I'll keep my current phone.

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
As wot_fan stated, BT & WiFi have been known features since Jobs announced the iPhone on January 9th.

But hey, if you want to wait until Meizu's gadget is officially available and supported in the US (I can't remember the day, but perdition was forecast to be at subzero temperatures) then, in the words of Stewie Griffin, "Good luck with that."

Tar heels? Duke?

-K

gmplr831

Mar 12, 2007
iPhone Price

With the advertised drop a few months back it might be worth my while to get an iPhone, unless it is 599. I just cant justify spending that much for a phone yet. Maybe if the hype matches the phone, then yes. otherwise no.

Trub

Mar 13, 2007
I have several people I work with that are going to get one as soon as they come out, so I'll wait and check their's out before I throw down $600.

carolinagirl113

Mar 7, 2007
A southern college town
About the Meizu I talked about

Engadget now reports that it will be launched in the US...

About the wi-fi...i went to trustedreviews.co.uk and they are wrong about it! Yep, I don't see any other sites announcing wi-fi. Kinda sad, but who knows if it will or won't have wi-fi because they haven't announced all of the specs yet.

GO HEELS!;)

twing

Mar 17, 2007
Saving Up

I am always wanting what is new in the phone industry! But i change phones every 3 months and now that i found the one i think i will keep for a while, i hear rumor of a sidekick 4!:(

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Engadget now reports that it will be launched in the US...

About the wi-fi...i went to trustedreviews.co.uk and they are wrong about it! Yep, I don't see any other sites announcing wi-fi. Kinda sad, but who knows if it will or won't have wi-fi because they haven't announced all of the specs yet.

GO HEELS!;)
If this is the article you're referring to... perhaps. The title states "US and Europe launches" are expected (a loaded word in the world of burgeoning electronics), but the article itself refers to a launch in the "North American" market which could mean Canada. The article also states that it won't be a phone (!). Thus it may well be that, outside China, the M8 ends up being a WiFi-less PDA + A/V player with a copied interface running Windows Mobile. Not too exciting, imo. And that's if Apple, Inc. doesn't quash the thing first. Time will tell.

-K

andre000

Mar 17, 2007
Yes, I will be getting an iPhone

Yes, I will be getting an iPhone, if I can. For me and my wife. I also know at least three friends that will be getting them. I am developing some large documents in pdf format with links, so I'm hoping that the pdf feature will be robust. Many are upset that the 1st gen is not going to be 3G, but rather EDGE. However, from what I read from users, 3G drains the battery quickly. I can do with WIFI at home, and hotspots if EDGE is too slow. I wonder if you can get a plan from ATT w/o a data plan with these phones. I suppose we will know in a few months. If anyone has heard- please drop a post.
:cool:[/QUOTE]

ScottHawk

Mar 7, 2007
I probably will get one.

I hope to get one. It looks great. I'm willing to pay, I'll probably read some reviews first...:cool:

andre000

Mar 17, 2007
Wait and see

Hmmm Well, I guess I should just give up now. haha OH WELL. I was just hoping to get something for lesser moolah. I wish I could afford the iPhone... :(
Without a doubt, it is expensive. Sit tight and see what AT&T offers in the way of discounts, if any.:laugh2:

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
And I doubt if the price will go down for a few years. How long did it take the ipod to go down 50 dollars? It will be the leader in phone technology for a while. I am definitely buying the iPhone. I think the 600 is a little to much, the 4GB is fine for me.

sagerocket

Mar 20, 2007
the impulse buyer in me is screaming, yes, yes, yes!, but those same voices in my head that tell me not to down that oh-so-delicious pint of chunky monkey just before dinner are suggesting it might be prudent to hold off for a wee bit. (1) i'd like to see larger storage capacity, even if only 10 or 15GB. (2) EDGE network speeds are annoying. and (3) potentially large price adjustments or carrier subsidies after the "rush". bottom line: i'm more than likely making the purchase sometime within the first year. for many reasons, it may be a much smarter purchase in the 6+ month mark...

Edward

Mar 17, 2007
Dallas, TX
$600 is a nice chunk of change but:

$250 (iPod Nano)
$200 more or less (cell phone of this form factor & function)
$x (everything else iPhone does)
---------
$x + $450 = $600
$x = $150

For me, I have little problem paying $150 for the ultimate convergence device that's a Mac in my pocket. And don't forget, the iPhone blows away any extant iPod.

-K
I haven't read past this post, because this was well put. I don't see why so many people out there are going crazy about the price. The iPhone is, in some form or another, a smartphone. You won't get a smartphone for $200 or $300, not unless it is bought with some type of plan or you find it off of ebay or a used one. Smartphones are in the $400-$600 range, and even then they still have less funtions than the iPhone and and the iPhone seems like it will be a lote more user friendly.

tranewreck

Mar 21, 2007
i will be getting one ASAP! i am currently eligible for a cingular upgrade ATM. i hope that the rumor is true that Apple will be releasing the phone in April instead of June...

MarvinJS808

Mar 27, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Good day to us all...

I didn't really have to think too hard for this. I know that the price is a bit up there (at least for me), but when I think that it is not just a phone but a portable music player as well other things... well, it just makes it seem like a sweeter deal in my head. Of course, that is probably because I like being one of the first of my friends to get the new stuff.... LOL