Will you be getting an iPhone?

Will you be getting the new iPhone when it gets released?

• Yes, I will order it as soon as I can.

Votes: 79 67.5%
  • I'll wait to see if the iPhone matches the hype.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Maybe when the price comes down

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • No thanks, I'll keep my current phone.

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

idamo4u

Jan 12, 2007
Malaysia, Pg
im asking my friend to test using my country sim card if can go through will get it strait away ya :):p

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I can do that the first day. Just borrow a buddy's T-Mobile SIM. I pretty much guarantee that it won't work though.

idamo4u

Jan 12, 2007
Malaysia, Pg
hmm.... then i really sad for that.... if for those people always travel oversea then how they can use the phone? only for local... then have to wait till next year launch around the world.. can't wait till that long....:(

May 6, 2007
United States
$600 is a nice chunk of change but:

$250 (iPod Nano)
$200 more or less (cell phone of this form factor & function)
$x (everything else iPhone does)
---------
$x + $450 = $600
$x = $150

For me, I have little problem paying $150 for the ultimate convergence device that's a Mac in my pocket. And don't forget, the iPhone blows away any extant iPod.

-K
Although you made this message a long time ago, and this is my first time viewing this thread, this was a very nice way to put it, K.

I didn't really think of it that way at first, but I know I won't hesitate when the iPhone hits the shelves. An awesome, compact, sleek device that will do basically everything I want, looks good, and will make the people around me jealous? :D What more could I ask?

Count me in, and grab me an iPhone.

dino_russ

May 16, 2007
Just curious how many people are already planning on getting the new iPhone.
Well given I just got a new contract and Treo 700p last fall probably not right away. Getting out of the contract would prove to costly to an initial purchase. And I do like my 700p, it has the best reception I have had in my PDA phones to date.

Finally as I mentioned elsewhere I am on Verizon because I have found for my ventures out west (I dig dinos in summer and do other field work) it has the broadest coverage off the main interstates. Cingular/ATT at this time does not. And inspite of consolidating my PDA, Phone and iPod I do really need a phone that works when I need it. I am hoping that after a couple years Apple and Verizon will have worked out a deal and if the iPhone has done well I will be ready. Plus the 8 GB limit on memory will not work. I already have 15 GB data on my video iPod that I do not want to pare down. So the first generation iPhone will simply not work yet for me. But I will be here (and elsewhere) watching and learning Chris -- and reading on everything Treo as well :)

Russ

BoxKrait

Bronze
May 16, 2007
I left my iPod in my car durring the hot summer months a couple too many times and now it um... nevermind about that, it was old, not in color, and didn't play videos.

So the price for me.. is still high, but low enough where all I have to do is go back to my top ramen with an egg diet for about a month and I'll be good to go. :D

Not to mention all the other things the iPhone will give me access to vs my current phone... I think it's around 8 years old now. The Nokia 8390 or something.. I think it's the smallest bar phone they have? At least it still works and doesn't randomly have the alarm go off more than twice a day..

May 16, 2007
Greenville SC
i think it's best if i just keep the phone i have for a few weeks after the release, just to be sure it gets reviews as strong as I am expecting
or
if cnet (or other trusted reviewer) gets to complete a review before june (something-th), and it is good, I will probably be waiting at Cingular the day of.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
So the price for me.. is still high, but low enough where all I have to do is go back to my top ramen with an egg diet for about a month and I'll be good to go. :D
ROFL! Hey, I survived sophomore year on a diet of coffee, Beefaroni, and root beer. :laugh2:

-K

rpbphoto

May 10, 2007
iPhone?

I simply can't wait for the iPhone but if the monthly bill sky rockets out of control I will have to pass. Hopefully they will keep the cost at a reasonable rate. I have no problem paying $600 for a great device but I do have a problem paying an large cell bill for two years.

RB

Jan 10, 2007
Calif
Bench warmer

I think I will wait for the next version, but I will continue to read the posts and learn from the brave souls on the front lines.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
ordered it in the store because they sold out ($656) and after playing around with the demo in the store for about an hour lol it can't get to me fast enough