Will you be willing to pay for iOS 7 apps that you previously owned?

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I agree that occasional app updates because of problems running the app or incremental operating system updates should be free, however, upgrades to software to enable it to run a new, upgraded operating system are another story. As others have said, revamping or even rewriting software to run on a substantially newer operating system requires a lot of time and effort and I have no problem paying a reasonable price for that.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I agree that occasional app updates because of problems running the app or incremental operating system updates should be free, however, upgrades to software to enable it to run a new, upgraded operating system are another story. As others have said, revamping or even rewriting software to run on a substantially newer operating system requires a lot of time and effort and I have no problem paying a reasonable price for that.
I'm excited for what developers are going to do with iOS 7. At the end of the day, what's a buck or two for a vastly improved app that is optimized to look, feel and perform like it belongs.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah. I feel like apps were underpriced from the beginning, and it's only a matter of time before devs need to charge for them again.