Will you buy iLife 08' and dot Mac for iPhone to Web Gallery

Will you buy the products necessary for Send to Web Gallery iPhone feature

• Yes, I'll be buying iLife 08' and signing up for a new dot Mac account.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I have a dot mac account and plan on upgrading to iLife 08'

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • I have a dot mac, but don't plan on getting iLife 08'

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I won't be getting either dot mac or iLife 08.

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
With the introduction of iLife 08', Mac users can send photos directly to a Web Gallery if they have a dot mac account.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I've had a .Mac for years and am excited to get the new iLife but am very near a new Mac purchase and trying to resist buying it before I get the new Mac and get it included. Don't know if I can wait tho!

Jul 28, 2007
Loving my iLife

I updted to iLife '08 today. A little disappointed I can't get web gallery to work. I am sure I will figure it out. The K-base on the Apple site says to make sure my .Mac acct is set up on my phone which it is. Still no button. We'll see. If anyone knows a trick let me know.

******Edit******
I don't know what I did but my Web Gallery is working and it is awesome! I think my upgrade just had to filter through the systems or something. Eh, all I care about is that it works now

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I plan on upgrading but I don't think I will use web gallery that much. I don't really do much with photos on my phone. I am excited that I now have 10 gb of storage on my .mac account instead of just 1gb.:laugh2:

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Upgraded this week. I'm new to Mac and I love this program. Can't wait to start editing the family films. I need to convert some old VHS to digital, any ideas on hardware?

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Upgraded this week. I'm new to Mac and I love this program. Can't wait to start editing the family films. I need to convert some old VHS to digital, any ideas on hardware?
the easiest thing to do is hook up your vcr to you camcorder and you camcorder to your computer. You can do this on most camcorders. Good luck!

ftobe

Aug 1, 2007
Doesn't iLife '08 come with new Macs?

So shouldn't the poll include that option?

RTpics

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Malibu CA
you can do this with a "rule" in "mail" that runs an Applescript when say the title of the email says "iPhone" for instance, that will upload to any web server.
;) will look into this when i get time.

RT

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Photobucket

I personally don't want to spend anymore than I have to. If you spend $500-600 on an iPhone, Apple should allow free access to posting iPhone pics online. Not charge almost $90 for that. It irks me every year to have to fork over $100 to keep my .mac address. I think that's waaaay overpriced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 30, 2007
If you do not have a Camcorder to convert analog video to digital you can the dac-200 device. Works flawlessly.

http://www.datavideo.us/products/dac_200_main_page.htm

Be aware the the iMovie in the iLife '08 package requires the following:

iMovie requires a Mac with an Intel processor, a Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0GHz or faster), or an iMac G5 (1.9GHz or faster).

It will not work with G4 iMacs. iMovie HD6 (from iLife 06) is availabe as a free download if you want the other parts of iLife 08.

Howard

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't need .Mac, as it's email is the only feature I would use, and I already have gmail, which is free. As for iLife '08, I'm tired of my Mac Mini, so I'll just get a new Mac with iLife on it.