Will you camp?

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Last year I camped in front of the Pasadena store. I was first in line to get the iPhone.

Will you camp for the 3G phone? I might...:p

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
definitely not. i'll probably wait about a month til i decide if i'm gonna get one or not. see how people like them, what exactly it offers, wait for it to be jailbroken, things like that. i love my iPhone right now, and while i can't wait to see what the new one offers, no camping out for me.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I do not camp. I hate lines. I do not care for crowds, either. I like to get to the Apple store in the mall right when it opens so there are less people there.

There is an ATT store in Merritt Island. I may try to get my phone there and avoid the Apple store. But I do need to see a Genius about the bubble in my glass. Decisions, decisions...

snarfdog

Aug 26, 2007
Southern California
I will not be camping. I will wait a couple of days and then check my local Apple store. Last year I did that and within a couple of days after the release I was able to get my iPhone without any problems.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I'll wait for a few days to see the outcome of it all...i don't think it will be a same day product release.....if I have nothing better to do that day I will go...most likely I will be at work...I might spin by the 5th ave store in NYC which is 24 hours to check it out since i get out at 11pm from work...

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I want to camp but I don't have that option here in Small Town America. Last year I walked into the ATT store and they were practically BEGGING us to get the phone because they hadnt sold many of them.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You might get confused for being one of those homeless people along Colorado. Have you seen how bad it has got there lately? So many homeless people now!

I am assuming you're talking Pasadena, CA right?

Last year I camped in front of the Pasadena store. I was first in line to get the iPhone.

Will you camp for the 3G phone? I might...:p

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I'm not cause, when that info came in about the "crates" shipped from china and were rumored to have the new iPhone's in them, someone on here(EIC) did the math and figured that it wouldn't be worth it to camp out cause they're would be more than enough to go around :)

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
the city i live in wont even have 3G until October from what i gather... so im not even getting it until i don't have to drive 45 minutes just to use the new chipset...

i might camp with my brother though, he's getting one and lives in Kansas City now WOOT!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I do not camp. I hate lines. I do not care for crowds, either. I like to get to the Apple store in the mall right when it opens so there are less people there.
The only place I camp is the Hyatt! If I was to get the new phone, I would just wait a day or so if I had to. I don't think extremely long lines will be an issue on this phone. There will be some people camping out just to say they were one of the first but I don't think it will be anything like last time.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i'll wait in line, but i'm not camping out as in "stay out all night with a sleeping bag". i do really want to get one sooner rather than later so i start on my comparison review with the 1st generation iPhone...

gts

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I made a day of it last year but this time, I think I will see what the G3 has to offer compaired to the 2.0 update. It will be real interesting to see what the differnce is in function between the 3G for what I use most and the 2.0 update. The web and email being faster may make it worth to new one but what I really need is the Exchange option for work. I am also interested in the GPS option (if it's there) but if it cost more to have that active, then I am good with the one in my car now.

in2tech

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
www.sportsdepotinc.com
Remember last year all the pictures of people with their laptops when they were camping out. I figure this year a lot of people will have their iPhones with them during the camp out .:laugh2: What a difference a year makes. Of course if they are new to the iPhone, I guess that won't hold true.

Getting ready to try to mod my brother-in-laws, iPhone with a Dallas Cowboys theme. I'm scared!

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
No camping for me. I need more spec info before taking the plunge this time. This version has to have a lot more to offer for me to buy it.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
You might get confused for being one of those homeless people along Colorado. Have you seen how bad it has got there lately? So many homeless people now!

I am assuming you're talking Pasadena, CA right?
Funny you said that, last time we camped we were confused from homeless people. Some ladies wanted to give us money. I was kind of angry.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
will I camp? oh god no... I didn't' for the first one and I won't for this one either. I'll proabably just wait for the price drop in two months before I get mine. lol:p

chefguy90

Jun 7, 2008
I will not camp, i'll wait a cpl months for all the bugs to be worked out and probably get it for my birthday